StealthBot.net: Stealthbot isn't helping anymore? - StealthBot.net

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stealthbot isn't helping anymore? Stealthbot isn't helping anymore?

#1 User is offline   Fiery_WA Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted December 04, 2018 - 06:21 PM

Stealthbot isn't helping anymore?

I'm not having a go, I realise everyone has a life, but Pyro, it seems you have lost interest in helping people use Stealthbot, something I have been using for at least the last 16 years.

Once again this is not a personal attack against anyone, I'm 53 and a Mum (Australian)

I know a fair bit on how a PC works but scripting no idea/

Pyro do you have anyone that helps you out? I have noticed over the years the decline of chat and help on the site.

I will keep checking back on this site to see if someone can find a fix ......... Kudos to you Pyro for keeping this site at least open :)

#2 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted December 04, 2018 - 07:30 PM

Yea there's not too many people left that can help out. Most of the games that StealthBot works with are old and have been replaced by something new (Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, etc) so the old games are less relevant (though I do still prefer D2 over D3). A lot of the people who were active on here back in the day were also teenagers and college-aged young adults who now have jobs and therefore a lot less time to work on old hobbies. Most new bot development is going to focus on the chat API, which StealthBot is just inherently not compatible with.

I do what I can to maintain it but since not many people provide feedback on the newer versions it can be difficult to find and track down bugs. Most releases I'll fix a few and create even more. The language StealthBot is written in (VB6) also hasn't been updated in 20 years so it's quite tedious to work on.
Pyro, AKA Davnit
  • StealthBot Developer
  • Chieftain of Clan BoT
  • Host of pyro.no-ip.biz

https://davnit.net/

#3 User is offline   Evster Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted December 05, 2018 - 12:35 PM

View PostPyro, on December 04, 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Yea there's not too many people left that can help out. Most of the games that StealthBot works with are old and have been replaced by something new (Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, etc) so the old games are less relevant (though I do still prefer D2 over D3). A lot of the people who were active on here back in the day were also teenagers and college-aged young adults who now have jobs and therefore a lot less time to work on old hobbies. Most new bot development is going to focus on the chat API, which StealthBot is just inherently not compatible with.

I do what I can to maintain it but since not many people provide feedback on the newer versions it can be difficult to find and track down bugs. Most releases I'll fix a few and create even more. The language StealthBot is written in (VB6) also hasn't been updated in 20 years so it's quite tedious to work on.

They've been updating the crap out of wc, it's made none of my wc3 sb's work. I've tried a few different servers too.

[02:04:21 AM] [BNLS] Error! BNLS has failed CheckRevision. Please check your bot's settings and try again.
[02:04:21 AM] [BNLS] Product: WAR3.
[02:04:21 AM] All connections closed.

[02:04:33 AM] [BNCS] Version check failed! The version byte for this attempt was 0x1E. Extra Information: WAR3_IX86_1.30.2.11024.mpq
[02:04:33 AM] [BNLS] Connection to pyro.no-ip.biz failed.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users