• You cannot reply to this topic

WarCraft 3

#1 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted September 30, 2018 - 10:21 AM

Hello everyone,

Recently, Blizzard announced WarCraft III v1.30.2 (link). One of the biggest changes coming with this patch is that network traffic for the game will now be encrypted, in a way similar to what they did with StarCraft. Unless Blizzard decides to leave the old login mechanism available for WC3 (which they did not do when SC was updated), after patch 1.30.2 goes live chat bots will no longer work with WC3/TFT. This will leave only Diablo 2 and WarCraft 2 available for bots.

With this change, StealthBot will no longer be able to moderate clan channels (unless an officer designates a D2/W2 bot) or execute any clan-related functions. All other bots operating in chat channels would also be affected by this change.

After this there will be one way in which a bot can be allowed to operate in a clan (one bot per channel, with greatly reduced functionality) and that is through Blizzard's Classic Chat API (link). StealthBot does not support directly connecting with this chat API, and I'm not aware of any currently released bots that do.

All hope is not lost, however. Over the last few days I've been building a standalone proxy server program that will allow classic bots to connect to the chat API (link). I have it tested and confirmed working with the latest version of StealthBot. For security reasons, I am not hosting this server publicly, and I do not recommend using the server of anyone who is or is claiming to have a similar service. Doing so puts control of your channel entirely in their hands.

For instructions on using the proxy, see the GitHub page. If you have any problems with the server please report them on the GitHub issues page, as it is not an official StealthBot product. If you are requesting help with StealthBot on these forums and are using the proxy server please indicate this in your post.

Best of luck to everyone,
- Pyro
Pyro, AKA Davnit
  • StealthBot Developer
  • Chieftain of Clan BoT
  • Host of pyro.no-ip.biz

https://davnit.net/

#2 User is offline   ArTefaCt Icon

• SenioR
  • PipPip
  • Group: Beta Testers

Posted December 04, 2018 - 12:38 AM

View PostPyro, on September 30, 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

Recently, Blizzard announced WarCraft III v1.30.2 (link). One of the biggest changes coming with this patch is that network traffic for the game will now be encrypted, in a way similar to what they did with StarCraft. Unless Blizzard decides to leave the old login mechanism available for WC3 (which they did not do when SC was updated), after patch 1.30.2 goes live chat bots will no longer work with WC3/TFT. This will leave only Diablo 2 and WarCraft 2 available for bots.

With this change, StealthBot will no longer be able to moderate clan channels (unless an officer designates a D2/W2 bot) or execute any clan-related functions. All other bots operating in chat channels would also be affected by this change.

After this there will be one way in which a bot can be allowed to operate in a clan (one bot per channel, with greatly reduced functionality) and that is through Blizzard's Classic Chat API (link). StealthBot does not support directly connecting with this chat API, and I'm not aware of any currently released bots that do.

All hope is not lost, however. Over the last few days I've been building a standalone proxy server program that will allow classic bots to connect to the chat API (link). I have it tested and confirmed working with the latest version of StealthBot. For security reasons, I am not hosting this server publicly, and I do not recommend using the server of anyone who is or is claiming to have a similar service. Doing so puts control of your channel entirely in their hands.

For instructions on using the proxy, see the GitHub page. If you have any problems with the server please report them on the GitHub issues page, as it is not an official StealthBot product. If you are requesting help with StealthBot on these forums and are using the proxy server please indicate this in your post.

Best of luck to everyone,
- Pyro

This is the end of a great era! Stealthbot marked an important milestone for all of us and its use was fundamental to the life of the clans. I hope you want to consider a possible study towards a version compatible with the new features of Battl.net. Thanks again for your precious support.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users