Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 bots 2 channels

#1 User is offline   PoPs Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted March 08, 2017 - 10:29 AM

Ok so i have two SB in two channels, one is a main channel with a bcp script announcing runs. the second SB is in our spare channel. I want the runbot to forward the run info to second SB and that SB in turn announces in spare channel. Can anyone help out.....Is this forum still alive?

#2 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted March 08, 2017 - 04:06 PM

The easiest way I'd think would be to give access to the main bot on the second bot and have the main bot whisper /say commands to it.

To do this you'd need to look through the BCP script to find the part where it announces a run (should be something that starts with "AddQ") and copy that line and put "/w second_bot " after the AddQ and before the rest of the message the second time.

Without seeing the script there isn't much else anyone can help you with, even if they were here.
Pyro
StealthBot Developer
Chieftain of Clan BoT
Host of pyro.no-ip.biz

#3 User is offline   PoPs Icon

• Pip

Posted March 08, 2017 - 05:47 PM

Thank you for the reply...i will dig into that and see what i can find...Give access to main bot on second bot? you mean give high flag/rank to main bot on the second bot im guessing

#4 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted March 09, 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostPoPs, on March 08, 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

you mean give high flag/rank to main bot on the second bot im guessing

Yea on the second bot you'd need to add the main bot's name with at least enough access to use the say command. "/help say" should tell you how much that is.
Pyro
StealthBot Developer
Chieftain of Clan BoT
Host of pyro.no-ip.biz

#5 User is offline   PoPs Icon

• Pip

Posted March 09, 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostPoPs, on March 08, 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Thank you for the reply...i will dig into that and see what i can find...Give access to main bot on second bot? you mean give high flag/rank to main bot on the second bot im guessing

yup got it to work....thnx for pointing me in the right direction. was really simple i just added this line- bcp_Set "Messages", "NewGame1", "/w Second bot ?say /me : New game %game started by %user (level %lvl %class (run #%runid.))", False

put it right under the first bcp_Set "Messages", "NewGame",

works great :)
also bots have permissions set

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users