• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Concerning 2.7 Releases

#1 User is online   FiftyToo Icon

• StealthBot Developer
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted October 10, 2009 - 10:49 PM

In an attempt to clear up some confusion, all of the builds that were released after the official 2.7 release should be considered DEVELOPMENT builds. These are not official releases. I have just finished setting up our build server to support a better system for releasing the code. Please bear with us as we work out the kinks with our new release flow.

We are going to have a nightly build on our development branch. This is going to be compiled against the latest code base and should be considered UNSTABLE. These builds will be published to the wiki, including the modifications. These builds should NOT be confused with our release versions. The version that was officially released has an improper build label. It should be considered 2.7.0. All official releases will have this versioning system from now on. The development builds will be labled 2.7 dev build# xxx (where xxx is the development build number).

I realize that there are many bugs with our initial release. We have been able to address many of the bugs and we will be releasing 2.7.1 very shortly. Upgrading to this version should be a smooth process. Once we get 2.7.1 released, I will begin working on getting out nightly build to automatically update our wiki with a list of changes.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users