StealthBot.net: Do You Believe In A Deity? - StealthBot.net

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do You Believe In A Deity? The Age-Old Question

Poll: Do You Believe In A Deity?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do You Believe In A Deity?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 User is offline   Fallen-God Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted July 09, 2010 - 03:10 PM

View Postkwikster, on 06 July 2010 - 08:46 PM, said:

Personally I do believe in God and Jesus. This being said ponder this for a moment, the Kuran and Bible share many similar stories, yet have differing names for God. It is my considered opinion, that many religions simply call one god by many names. Whether it be God, Allah, Buddah and so on. I know, I'll likely see a bit of flamage on this but I digress.

As for the Bible, yes it has been translated many times and thus much of the contents are likely skewed a bit. The language it was written in died centuries ago. The problems with tranlating anything is it usually is subject to interpretations of a select few. These "experts" have a general idea of what was written. All a translator is is an interpretor. If you go to Mexico for example and don't speak spanish, can you know if the interpretation is correct? Same goes with any work translated from another language. I remember a simplistic experiment from when I was young. Gather 10 or so people. Have them stand a bit apart. Write down a short sentence, so you know the original phrase. Whisper it to the next person with the instrutcion the do the same. Continue on around the room. Have the last person say it out loud for all present to hear. Then read the original statement out loud and see how much it changed. You'll be surpised. This is what happens during translation more often than not.

You are right.
Well your second paragraph is certainly true, and if I believed in God I would probably agree with your first paragraph as well.

However neither of them support the existence of God.
Oh and I do, of course, believe Jesus existed. But I don't believe he was God or anything else supernatural. Probably just a great orator and had the courage to die for whatever his reasons were.
Choose Functional.

#52 User is offline   Subbotadon Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted July 25, 2017 - 05:28 PM

Hi Vannesa, this is just my opinion so please do not be hard with me

Luck is a word to explain an event that you want to happen but the probabilities of that happening are low. Like Simon said is more about how hard are you working plus the probability of that may occur.

For example: found 10 dollars on the street.

That will depend of many variables, the probabilities remains in what are you doing to make that happen. You are not going to find it if you are not on the street, and even if you are on the street but if you are looking to the sky, sleeping or doing anything but see to street, how can you be available to find those 10 dollars?.

That is why I do not believe in luck, I believe in probability that is why I need to make an extra effort to be better in my job and in that order to get the raise that I want. If I where one of those people who believe in luck probably I will doing no effort at all and still I will be waiting for my raise.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users