Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2.7.1 quit's on 3 different systems

#1 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted March 13, 2011 - 06:51 AM

I've recently migrated to 2.7 from 2.6, I am running the latest build of 2.7.1. I have an XP box, a Win 7 box and a Server 2008 box, on all 3 of these 2.7 will fail after about 5 minutes. On XP there is no error whatsoever, it just totally disappears. On Win 7 and Server 2008 it stops responding and windows throws up an error box. This is really frustrating, I finally have 2.7 tweaked the way I like it and it just won't run. Any help is much appreciated!

This post has been edited by dOrk: March 13, 2011 - 06:51 AM

#2 User is offline   Novynn Icon

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted March 13, 2011 - 07:44 AM

Have you tried checking your logs to see if stealthbot recognizes a problem?

#3 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted March 13, 2011 - 09:07 AM

In addition you might find useful information in the Windows event log.

And there have been issues with the Plugin System in the past. So disable it and see if you're still getting the error then.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#4 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 13, 2011 - 04:46 PM

The weird thing is that there is not event viewer entry in XP when the bot fails. In Win 7 and Server 2008 simply says:

Faulting application name: StealthBot v2.7.exe, version: 2.7.0.1, time stamp: 0x4ad6765b
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdbdf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00022da6
Faulting process id: 0xc18
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbe136030a4689
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\StealthBot 2.7\StealthBot v2.7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

I have the plugin system disabled at the moment, so far so good. Assuming it is the plugin system what should my next steps be?

#5 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 13, 2011 - 05:53 PM

OK, the bot is now running fine. How do I reenable the plugin system again? Do i need a new plugin?

#6 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted March 13, 2011 - 05:58 PM

You should stop using the Plugin System since it's not supported anymore anyways. :P Update to scripts.
PhiX

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#7 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 13, 2011 - 06:23 PM

Aha, looks like i spoke too soon, bot horked again after a good hour or so... Right now the only things enabled are CCX and claninfo... how do it uninstall the plugins then?

#8 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 14, 2011 - 12:19 AM

Meh, the bot just keeps quitting and I don't know why... I wish I could just get 2.6 going again, that thing is solid as a rock but the update killed it :/

#9 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 15, 2011 - 10:32 PM

I think I figured it out! Been running over 24 hours now with no issue. It seems I had "Use UTF-8 in chat" checked for some reason. Since I unchecked that, no more quitting. WTF does that even do?

#10 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 16, 2011 - 04:38 AM

Nope, it quit. NOw, it seems to quit every 5 minutes :(

#11 User is offline   T3X0 Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted March 16, 2011 - 12:26 PM

Is there any message in the bot's window?
Maybe an error message?
By the way, you should enable the UTF-8 in my opinion.
Description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

#12 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 16, 2011 - 02:39 PM

View Postart, on March 16, 2011 - 04:26 AM, said:

Is there any message in the bot's window?
Maybe an error message?
By the way, you should enable the UTF-8 in my opinion.
Description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

NO message whatsoever... it literally just closes as if you shut it, no error nothing (on XP). In win 7 and server 2008 I get the windows pop up that the application has failed... close or search for resolution your basic windows error box.

#13 User is offline   T3X0 Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted March 16, 2011 - 04:08 PM

Are you using any scripts and if yes, which?

#14 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 16, 2011 - 05:56 PM

View Postart, on March 16, 2011 - 08:08 AM, said:

Are you using any scripts and if yes, which?

Yes, but even with all of them disabled the same thing... i use CCX, claninfo, weather, seen, and the one that logs where people go from the channel, I forget the name. I have plugins disabled too.

#15 User is offline   T3X0 Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted March 16, 2011 - 06:47 PM

Well I once had the same error with the white box poping up and I also disabled everything but only delting and adding a new profile helped me and now it works fine but you should w8 for a moderator to help you.

#16 User is online   Eric Icon

• Icon

Posted March 17, 2011 - 02:49 AM

0xC0000005 is an access violation error. You can try running the program as an administrator by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting the appropriate option. You can also try disabling DEP from the system properties (there should be a thread on how to do so somewhere around this forum as it's required for use on Windows 2003). Selecting Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode may also be worth a shot trying. This isn't a problem directly related to SB and if these methods don't work, extensive system debugging would likely be required to determine the root cause.

#17 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 18, 2011 - 11:22 PM

View PostEric, on March 16, 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

0xC0000005 is an access violation error. You can try running the program as an administrator by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting the appropriate option. You can also try disabling DEP from the system properties (there should be a thread on how to do so somewhere around this forum as it's required for use on Windows 2003). Selecting Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode may also be worth a shot trying. This isn't a problem directly related to SB and if these methods don't work, extensive system debugging would likely be required to determine the root cause.

I run the bot on XP... I tried on win7 and server 2008 to see if it made a difference, it does not. When the bot quits and shuts there is no trace that it was ever even open... it is still happening. I created a new profile and it still quits, really frustrating and no one has any answers. 2.6 is a better product than 2.7.

#18 User is offline   FiftyToo Icon

• StealthBot Developer
  • Icon

Posted March 19, 2011 - 12:55 AM

View PostdOrk, on March 18, 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

I created a new profile and it still quits, really frustrating and no one has any answers. 2.6 is a better product than 2.7.

Your lack of troubleshooting skills does not lower the quality of our code, silly goose. You are getting an access violation. Use a tool like FileMon (by sysinternals) and you can probably find the problem.

#19 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted March 21, 2011 - 02:30 AM

View PostFiftyToo, on March 18, 2011 - 04:55 PM, said:

Your lack of troubleshooting skills does not lower the quality of our code, silly goose. You are getting an access violation. Use a tool like FileMon (by sysinternals) and you can probably find the problem.

So that's your advice? This never happened to anyone before?

#20 User is online   Eric Icon

• Icon

Posted March 21, 2011 - 05:05 PM

You were given advice. You have not yet followed it.

#21 User is offline   dOrk Icon

• PipPip

Posted April 17, 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostEric, on March 21, 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

You were given advice. You have not yet followed it.

I just thought I would update this thread incase this happens to anyone else - the bot will now run for weeks and will not quit. I tried the advice given but filemon did not show any reason why the bot quit either... anyway, it was some corrupt users in the bot. I made a group called "shams" and for some reason whenever anyone from this group came to the channel the bot just quit (the bot auto whispers ping to whoever joins the channel). I discovered this by accident, I logged on with an old friends account that was in this group, each time I did the bot would quit. As soon as I deleted the group and re added the name the bot was fine.

#22 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted April 19, 2011 - 08:03 PM

Interesting. Did you notice anything special about this group? Like how much access or which flags did you assign to it? Was the group itself member of another group? Etc.

If you can, please provide steps to reproduce this issue.
PhiX

#23 User is online   joe x86 Icon

• Emergency Programmer Hologram
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted April 20, 2011 - 07:23 AM

I'm guessing when you switched from XP to Server 2008, you moved the entire bot directory? This seems like the error is in your configuration somewhere.

Perhaps someone on the dev team would be interested in a ZIP archive of your StealthBot directory so they can run the bot exactly as you do. If the problem exists on two different systems, I'd think it'll exist on a third.
Are we still listing our languages and computer specs in our signature in November 2018?

Swift, Ruby on Rails, Objective-C, JavaScript (the good parts)

iPhone Xs Max. Mid 2015 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, work laptop). Mid 2011 Mac mini (16GB RAM, 500GB HDD, home desktop). Lenovo TS140 (Ubuntu on 3TB mirrored ZFS root, 20GB ECC RAM, NAS).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users