Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stealthbot on Wine?

#1 User is offline   xxBoredxx Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted October 19, 2010 - 04:34 PM

So i was wondering if you stealthbot 2.7 supports the latest version of vine or not? i had read older posts about some people saying that wine works for stealthbot 2.7 and some say it doesn't and some say it works sometimes am confused..... i just downloaded Wine so i can run stealthbot on my Mac(am running on 10.6.4) and when i ran the stealthbot installer everything went fine it said stealthbot was installed successfully, but when i try to run launcher or exe nothing happens? am i doing something wrong or is wine not compatible am a noobie with bots HELP ME PLEASE!

#2 User is offline   Dragon_Legion Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted October 19, 2010 - 05:01 PM

I have tried to run SB on a barebones linux with just wine. The problem with wine is that it doesnt 'register' the system files that SB needs to run. Im not 100% sure with macs but my linux even failed to save them in the proper directory.

you can get the files here http://www.stealthbo...9-needed-files/ and try to install them with wine using wine regsvr {path to file from C:} (If Im not mistaken, wine generally emulates a win xp x86)

#3 User is offline   xxBoredxx Icon

• PipPip

Posted October 19, 2010 - 09:06 PM

View PostDragon_Legion, on 19 October 2010 - 07:01 AM, said:

I have tried to run SB on a barebones linux with just wine. The problem with wine is that it doesnt 'register' the system files that SB needs to run. Im not 100% sure with macs but my linux even failed to save them in the proper directory.

you can get the files here http://www.stealthbo...9-needed-files/ and try to install them with wine using wine regsvr {path to file from C:} (If Im not mistaken, wine generally emulates a win xp x86)

Hey thanks for the link soo i put all of them in the "system" folder and some of them where there alrdy but the ones that werent i added and it still didnt work...... do you have the problem like when you try to run the launcher or exe x11 starts to open but nothing pops up.....?

#4 User is offline   Dragon_Legion Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted October 19, 2010 - 09:14 PM

yeah that was my problem as well. I could never get it to run no matter what I did with it. What I ended up doing was running a virtualbox vm and running SB in that

#5 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Find me elsewhere (Inactive)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted October 19, 2010 - 09:25 PM

http://www.stealthbo...-entry-for-2-7/
Posted Image
7thAce.no-ip.org: Posted Image
Official SB Tech @ Clan SBs USEast
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users