StealthBot.net: What the hell happened while i was gone? - StealthBot.net

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What the hell happened while i was gone? Intelligent response please.

#26 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Might actually be named Chris
  • Icon
  • Group: Custodian

Posted August 02, 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostSugarD-x, on August 02, 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

How about SB 3.0? Unrealistic my ass. Ideas floated around forever.

Maybe you do not know what "unrealistic" means. People gave up because life goes on and people go to college and find more important things in their life than making battle.net bots that are useless. The forum started to die all the way back when Stealth left, and that's probably a good reason to leave as he had no point in saying.

You're not a programmer and you will never understand what it takes to write something like the ideas that floated around. The old days are never coming back, it's called the past for a reason. If you want StealthBot 3.0 to come so badly, write it yourself.
Posted Imageass

#27 User is online   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Beta Testers

Posted August 02, 2011 - 05:44 PM

View PostJack, on August 02, 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

Maybe you do not know what "unrealistic" means. People gave up because life goes on and people go to college and find more important things in their life than making battle.net bots that are useless. The forum started to die all the way back when Stealth left, and that's probably a good reason to leave as he had no point in saying.

You're not a programmer and you will never understand what it takes to write something like the ideas that floated around. The old days are never coming back, it's called the past for a reason. If you want StealthBot 3.0 to come so badly, write it yourself.

So many invalid points there...wow, where do I start? Well, first of all, Stealth didn't really leave. He was here just over a month ago. Considering how often everyone else shows up, I'd say that's not bad for the big man in blue and orange. As for people moving on to RL things, of course that should always take importance, but what you forget is just like you, they are still checking this forum. If things were really as dead as you say, people wouldn't still be using the bot, asking for support, or even supporting it to begin with. We all have some sort of reason for still being here, and I guarantee that it's not for the random chat in General Discussion and the off-topic boards because it can take forever for someone to respond there. Don't deny it...if you are here, you want it to happen, even if you don't want to do it yourself. As long as there are willing people, there will always be hope.

#28 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Icon

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:39 PM

View PostSugarD-x, on August 02, 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

So many invalid points there...wow, where do I start? Well, first of all, Stealth didn't really leave. He was here just over a month ago. Considering how often everyone else shows up, I'd say that's not bad for the big man in blue and orange. As for people moving on to RL things, of course that should always take importance, but what you forget is just like you, they are still checking this forum. If things were really as dead as you say, people wouldn't still be using the bot, asking for support, or even supporting it to begin with. We all have some sort of reason for still being here, and I guarantee that it's not for the random chat in General Discussion and the off-topic boards because it can take forever for someone to respond there. Don't deny it...if you are here, you want it to happen, even if you don't want to do it yourself. As long as there are willing people, there will always be hope.

If by checking you mean "lurking" then yes. Nobody really is supporting anymore either, every bug is either fixed or there is a thread about it somewhere on the forums which is why the forums are still alive, to help people fix problems. Scripting forum is full of people begging and Off-Topic hardly even has a new thread every day. StealthBot is dead, stop denying it. If you want your hope, you do it yourself because nobody else is willing.
Posted Imageass

#29 User is online   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted August 02, 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostJack, on August 02, 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

If by checking you mean "lurking" then yes. Nobody really is supporting anymore either, every bug is either fixed or there is a thread about it somewhere on the forums which is why the forums are still alive, to help people fix problems. Scripting forum is full of people begging and Off-Topic hardly even has a new thread every day. StealthBot is dead, stop denying it. If you want your hope, you do it yourself because nobody else is willing.

So dead that you decide to "lurk" around and still argue about it, right? Give up the hard attitude Jack. I know deep down you just want me to shut up because I'm saying something you don't want to admit ;)

#30 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Icon

Posted August 02, 2011 - 10:13 PM

View PostSugarD-x, on August 02, 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

So dead that you decide to "lurk" around and still argue about it, right? Give up the hard attitude Jack. I know deep down you just want me to shut up because I'm saying something you don't want to admit ;)

You're an idiot, I have no troubles admitting anything. The fact is StealthBot is dead because nobody cared enough. If you want to care enough, do it yourself and stop begging others.
Posted Imageass

#31 User is online   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted August 02, 2011 - 11:06 PM

View PostJack, on August 02, 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

You're an idiot, I have no troubles admitting anything. The fact is StealthBot is dead because nobody cared enough. If you want to care enough, do it yourself and stop begging others.

You keep telling yourself that there Jackie Boy ;)

#32 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Icon

Posted August 03, 2011 - 12:04 AM

View PostSugarD-x, on August 02, 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

You keep telling yourself that there Jackie Boy ;)

You're an idiot, I'm going to stop responding now since your only argument is "keep telling yourself that" because I could easily say it back to you and I'd actually be correct.
Posted Imageass

#33 User is online   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted August 03, 2011 - 05:12 AM

View PostJack, on August 02, 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

You're an idiot, I'm going to stop responding now since your only argument is "keep telling yourself that" because I could easily say it back to you and I'd actually be correct.

Opinion is not fact. We both know you wouldn't be here if you didn't have any hope ;)

#34 User is offline   Ribose Icon

• Fire wants to be free.
  • Icon
  • Group: Global Moderators

Posted August 03, 2011 - 04:05 PM

Ha. Stealth left. If he didn't he would have released 2.7.2. He would have cared. He might be motivated to work on 3.0. But no, he moved on, he only visits.

See the COMMUNITY is still around, such as Jack and I (and the lurkers). The BOT is dead because nobody wants to work on it. Everybody that can moved on. Everybody that can't is you and is complaining about it.

So StealthBot is dead. The community still lives... but a lot less than before (the activity of this forum is evidence as Jack points out).

Okay this has no purpose. Bye!
~Ribose
[ Download ] [ Wiki ] [ Support ] [ Scripting ]
[ Chrome ] [ Notepad++ ] [ fedora ]
[ Homepage ] [ BNLS ♯ ]

#35 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Icon

Posted August 03, 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostSugarD-x, on August 02, 2011 - 11:12 PM, said:

Opinion is not fact. We both know you wouldn't be here if you didn't have any hope ;)

I'm here to troll people you idiot, I could care less about StealthBot.
Posted Imageass

#36 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted August 04, 2011 - 06:32 AM

so can i make my title "immature, militant douchebag" now? seriously though I'm a full time student with barely enough time to sleep let alone work on some project that few people would actually use.
Pyro, AKA Davnit
  • StealthBot Developer
  • Host of pyro.no-ip.biz

BNETDocs Discord: https://discord.gg/u87WVeu

#37 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Icon

Posted August 08, 2011 - 05:03 AM

I still say StealthBot is dead, anyone else agree?
Posted Imageass

#38 User is offline   Ribose Icon

• Fire wants to be free.
  • Icon
  • Group: Global Moderators

Posted August 08, 2011 - 05:06 AM

View PostJack, on August 08, 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

I still say StealthBot is dead, anyone else agree?

View PostRibose, on August 02, 2011 - 03:58 AM, said:

... StealthBot is dead. ...
Ya
~Ribose
[ Download ] [ Wiki ] [ Support ] [ Scripting ]
[ Chrome ] [ Notepad++ ] [ fedora ]
[ Homepage ] [ BNLS ♯ ]

#39 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted August 08, 2011 - 05:16 AM