StealthBot.net: What the hell happened while i was gone? - StealthBot.net

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What the hell happened while i was gone? Intelligent response please.

#1 User is offline   MacNeil Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted August 28, 2010 - 09:08 AM

So the other day I decided to check back in on the forums and see how they we're doing, and BAM
a whole new site layout etc new features blah blah blah we all know the works.
However what I had realized is my old user account from 2005 had been deleted, and apperently everyone elses as well.
Did Stealth just RF the site or what?

Preferably a mod to response not some asshole who dosen't even know what I am talking about.
Cheers

-mathew
Www.StealthBot.Net
Obey All Forum Rules.
Enjoy posting on this great site.

#2 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted August 28, 2010 - 10:51 AM

View PostMacNeil, on 28 August 2010 - 05:08 AM, said:

Something like that, yea.

What was your name on the old site? I don't recognize you.
Pyro, AKA Davnit
  • StealthBot Developer
  • Chieftain of Clan BoT
  • Host of pyro.no-ip.biz

https://davnit.net/

#3 User is offline   Distant Icon

• Forum Concierge
  • Icon

Posted August 28, 2010 - 01:36 PM

View PostMacNeil, on 28 August 2010 - 05:08 AM, said:

So the other day I decided to check back in on the forums and see how they we're doing, and BAM
a whole new site layout etc new features blah blah blah we all know the works.
However what I had realized is my old user account from 2005 had been deleted, and apperently everyone elses as well.

Preferably a mod to response not some asshole who dosen't even know what I am talking about.
Cheers

-mathew

Um yeah, things have changed a bit since '05.
Secondly, we disallow your personal pic as an avatar, especially if you look like a fag - which you do.
Third, who are you?
Everyday I'm shufflin'.

#4 User is offline   MacNeil Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted August 28, 2010 - 08:27 PM

Um yeah, things have changed a bit since '05.
Secondly, we disallow your personal pic as an avatar, especially if you look like a fag - which you do.
Third, who are you?

First, I joined in 05 I was active until late 08 on and off.
Second, It actually dosn't state in the forum rules personal pics are not allowed as an avatar mr admin, and it's funny how someone who's supposed to lead by example on a forum is hiding behind a computer screen bashing others when you are too afraid to show yourself.
Third, I am Mat.
Thanks..

P.S thanks Pyro for getting back with a legit answer, all I needed to know, not some speech.
Www.StealthBot.Net
Obey All Forum Rules.
Enjoy posting on this great site.

#5 User is offline   Eric Icon

• Icon

Posted September 01, 2010 - 05:24 PM

View PostMacNeil, on 28 August 2010 - 08:27 PM, said:

First, I joined in 05 I was active until late 08 on and off.
Second, It actually dosn't state in the forum rules personal pics are not allowed as an avatar mr admin, and it's funny how someone who's supposed to lead by example on a forum is hiding behind a computer screen bashing others when you are too afraid to show yourself.
Third, I am Mat.
Thanks..

P.S thanks Pyro for getting back with a legit answer, all I needed to know, not some speech.

Mat? You mean like doormat?

#6 User is offline   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Beta Testers

Posted September 02, 2010 - 12:41 AM

What's with the hate? Drop it guys, please. As to answer the original question, yes, the site/forums have been redone a few times since 2005, changing greatly to keep up with demand and satisfaction of the users. StealthBot is currently released at version 2.7.1, and due to Battle.Net 1.0's lack of recent success due to Battle.Net 2.0's release, and the wait for the latter to happen previously, StealthBot has been on a slow/halted development until it is decided how the next version will be done.

#7 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted September 05, 2010 - 07:49 AM

We decided to use a fresh new database to get rid of all the StealthBot v2.6 posts. They would just complicate the search for up-to-date information.

It also helped to get rid of the 10k+ spambot accounts. Though it seems that the challenge question (creator of StealthBot) on these forums is too hard for many people. ;[
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#8 User is offline   FiftyToo Icon

• StealthBot Developer
  • Icon

Posted June 30, 2011 - 09:53 PM

View PostDistant, on August 28, 2010 - 09:36 AM, said:

Im reviving this thread because that shit is funny. I was thinking the same exact same thing.

Nice backpack by the way, did your mom remember to pack your pudding?

#9 User is offline   JesusCake Icon

• In raptor jesus we trust
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted July 05, 2011 - 01:11 AM

View PostSugarD-x, on September 02, 2010 - 12:41 AM, said:

What's with the hate? Drop it guys, please.

You don't have the authority to warrant such actions.

Hate onward.
Posted Image
Thanks mega

#10 User is offline   ReVoKe Icon

• Microsoft's Jedi Knight.
  • PipPip

Posted July 05, 2011 - 05:05 AM

And this thread is a perfect example on why no one comes to the forums anymore nor gives a shit.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted July 05, 2011 - 06:12 PM

View PostReVoKe, on July 05, 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

And this thread is a perfect example on why no one comes to the forums anymore nor gives a shit. how awesome this community once was.
Fixed.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#12 User is offline   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted July 24, 2011 - 07:13 PM

View PostPhiX, on July 05, 2011 - 11:12 AM, said:

Fixed.

Some awesome community we were. Everyone here acts like a fucking douchebag now. So much for the good, old days. No one bothers to even try to bring them back besides me. This makes me sick...

#13 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Might actually be named Chris
  • Icon
  • Group: Custodian

Posted August 02, 2011 - 12:16 AM

View PostSugarD-x, on July 24, 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

Some awesome community we were. Everyone here acts like a fucking douchebag now. So much for the good, old days. No one bothers to even try to bring them back besides me. This makes me sick...

Stop bothering because nobody likes you.

Welcomes any hate comments towards me, I feed on them.
Posted Imageass

#14 User is offline   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted August 02, 2011 - 12:39 AM

View PostJack, on August 01, 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

Stop bothering because nobody likes you.

Welcomes any hate comments towards me, I feed on them.

We've known that for years.

#15 User is offline   Ribose Icon

• Fire wants to be free.
  • Icon
  • Group: Global Moderators

Posted August 02, 2011 - 02:21 AM

View PostSugarD-x, on July 24, 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

Correction: Everyone here acts AFK. Those that don't, instead act like douchebags. Perhaps if they went AFK too, we could move on.

As for Stealthbot...
Nobody is developing it. Nobody has plans to develop it any longer. Battle.net 1 is dead. Nobody has plans to port StealthBot to Battle.net 2. Conclusion: StealthBot is dead.
~Ribose
[ Download ] [ Wiki ] [ Support ] [ Scripting ]
[ Chrome ] [ Notepad++ ] [ fedora ]
[ Homepage ] [ BNLS ♯ ]

#16 User is offline   Novynn Icon

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted August 02, 2011 - 02:56 AM

Shit, I guess that makes me a douchebag...

#17 User is offline   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted August 02, 2011 - 03:04 AM

Guess me too seeing how such a great community decided to take a shit on itself out of laziness. Congrats guys. Way to kill off the greatest thing to happen to Battle.Net. Aren't you cool.

#18 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Icon

Posted August 02, 2011 - 03:41 AM

View PostSugarD-x, on August 01, 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

Guess me too seeing how such a great community decided to take a shit on itself out of laziness. Congrats guys. Way to kill off the greatest thing to happen to Battle.Net. Aren't you cool.

We already knew you were a douchebag and no, the community did not kill StealthBot. Stealth left it and that's it. Eric left it. Hdx left it. There really is fault with the community.

Pretty soon, StealthBot community will be blamed for killing battle.net.
Posted Imageass

#19 User is offline   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted August 02, 2011 - 03:44 AM

View PostJack, on August 01, 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

We already knew you were a douchebag and no, the community did not kill StealthBot. Stealth left it and that's it. Eric left it. Hdx left it. There really is fault with the community.

Pretty soon, StealthBot community will be blamed for killing battle.net.

Well if you just sit by and bitch about the issues instead of trying to work with others to get the ball rolling then yes, it's your fault too.

#20 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Icon

Posted August 02, 2011 - 05:25 AM

View PostSugarD-x, on August 01, 2011 - 09:44 PM, said:

Well if you just sit by and bitch about the issues instead of trying to work with others to get the ball rolling then yes, it's your fault too.

Are you saying we should all beg, plead and annoy the three developers until they crack and start working on the bot again? No thanks. The only issue here is that you're still here, not that the bot finally died after a good life.
Posted Imageass

#21 User is offline   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted August 02, 2011 - 05:59 AM

View PostJack, on August 01, 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

Are you saying we should all beg, plead and annoy the three developers until they crack and start working on the bot again? No thanks. The only issue here is that you're still here, not that the bot finally died after a good life.

You should open your eyes, because it's not dead yet, and the only issue is that you still think your useless attacks on people actually bother them lol

#22 User is offline   Ribose Icon

• Fire wants to be free.
  • Icon
  • Group: Global Moderators

Posted August 02, 2011 - 07:58 AM

... so many flaws:

1. StealthBot was great, maybe... in usability, in extensibiliy (compared to other bots), in community-building... in all aspects? No you haven't seen the source.
2. You keep saying as if developers would just want to develop for it if told to or pestered to. No. They would do it if there was a project leader. If there was a realistic goal. If there was merit. I see none of these, so I petered out and stopped.
3. Related to 2, "3.0" is not a realistic goal for one person. No don't say there is more than one developer. We have never worked together in such a way that development could have worked as if more than one person was really working on it at a time. Several people (Hdx, 52, Warrior) said "fuck this lets start this over and do it our way". None of those three separate projects lasted long.

Ok, for you. Just give up. StealthBot is dead. Nobody has made a bot for Battle.net 2, so nobody is going to magically do it and call it "3.0", especially not with the godlike extensible really-hard-to-plan API that people have proposed and nobody backs by doing.

Come on, can we just get on Battle.net on a chat client such as Pidgin and just chat? That's all I've done on Battle.net for the last 6 months. StealthBot is part of the past where people loaded each other and people couldn't close channels. Scripting is part of the past where people wanted crazy access systems and ladder systems for extensive clans based around gaming. I haven't played a game on Battle.net in the last 6 months except with the real client, friends, and of course 0 bot commands. Why do we sit here complaining about reviving something like StealthBot? StealthBot is slow, obsolete, written in an obsolete language, written for an obsolete platform, and feature overkill. If Battle.net 1 was used for StarCraft II or Diablo III, then the obsolete platform problem would go away and maybe StealthBot wouldn't be dying. But facts are facts, it's dying fast. Honestly ask yourself how many features of it have you actually used recently? Do you actually manage a clan anymore (or did you ever) or is it just you and 9 other of your own StealthBots in a channel?

</massive 4am rant>
~Ribose
[ Download ] [ Wiki ] [ Support ] [ Scripting ]
[ Chrome ] [ Notepad++ ] [ fedora ]
[ Homepage ] [ BNLS ♯ ]

#23 User is offline   Jack Icon

• Icon

Posted August 02, 2011 - 08:18 AM

View PostSugarD-x, on August 01, 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

You should open your eyes, because it's not dead yet, and the only issue is that you still think your useless attacks on people actually bother them lol

How do you expect anyone to even try and work on it without the source? You're an idiot.
Posted Imageass

#24 User is offline   Novynn Icon

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted August 02, 2011 - 08:36 AM

View PostJack, on August 02, 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

How do you expect anyone to even try and work on it without the source? You're an idiot.

TIME TO USE SCRIPTING TO CREATE A NEW BOT.

Oh wait, that's a retarded idea.

#25 User is offline   SugarD-x Icon

• Around Since 2.4...
  • PipPipPip

Posted August 02, 2011 - 09:30 AM

How about SB 3.0? Unrealistic my ass. Ideas floated around forever. The only reason why everyone gave up and things died is because people stopped trying. Ever since the move to this forum, activity dropped heavily and people stopped bothering to even show up. It was not the almost-death of Battle.Net 1.0 that is killing SB...it's the lack of people that care. You guys say "if this happened" or "if that happened", yet none of you seem to care yourselves. We still have people here that obviously care enough to show up on the forums and give support, so what's stopping you from stepping up and organizing things? If SB's source is as bad as it is, what's stopping a rewrite, even with B.Net 2.0 support? Ya it's a big job, and ya it'll be hard to get things running again, but how do you think Stealth started off? Do you really think he expected StealthBot to become as powerful, amazing, and popular as it was? I bet he didn't. Sure, he may have dreamed for it, but I highly doubt he expected things to go as far as they did. You have much more at your disposal than he did when he started, yet you seem to think it's a lost cause. It doesn't take a million people backing you up to make a great bot. It takes people dedicated to their work...people that are proud of what they do for the select few that appreciate it...the people who are willing to try regardless of the odds against them that are the ones that pull it off. I know you all still have a tiny glimmer of hope still in your hearts for this bot because otherwise you wouldn't even come here anymore. You can call it a lost cause all you want, but you know I'm right, and I know you will likely argue against it, or in Jack's case, counter my statement by trolling me...(oh yes Jack, I would never forget you)...but you can't deny it to yourselves that you know you want things back the way they were in the old days. Oh ya, and just keep in mind that if no bots are in Battle.Net 2.0, this gives SB it's chance to dominate the market and also be the only bot to work on both. It already has so much exposure...the news of it coming back strong by accomplishing such a goal would bring back a very large fanbase, just like StarCraft II's announcement did with Battle.Net 1.0 veterans that hadn't even logged into it in almost 10 years. There's much more backing you guys up than you think...

This post has been edited by SugarD-x: August 02, 2011 - 09:34 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users