Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flooding IPBan

#1 User is offline   Telrin Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted June 30, 2010 - 04:30 AM

i dont kno why, but stealthbot queue has been acting up lately.
i use to never flood offline, but now i do.

i havent modified the queue settings, it is all default. but for some reason now, after about 30-40 lines, i get ipbanned for flooding

#2 User is offline   Rich Icon

• Coke is not a drug, It's a Soda : )
  • PipPip

Posted June 30, 2010 - 07:07 AM

You are probably what is called "tagged".

In my opinion I think things were recently set to be more strict in warden (I mean how many messages you can send in a certain amount of time might have been adjusted)as an effort to stop spam or something. Just a thought as to why I have also been getting IP tagged lately as well :P

My way around this is using and alternating different wifi every few days or so (belonging to neighbors w/ permission), but not every day... ever since I started doing this I think I've been flooding less. Good luck.
Posted Image
24/7 Stealthbot user since Sept. 2008 in channel Clan Soda @ USWest.

#3 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted June 30, 2010 - 06:23 PM

View PostTelrin, on 30 June 2010 - 06:30 AM, said:

i dont kno why, but stealthbot queue has been acting up lately.
i use to never flood offline, but now i do.

i havent modified the queue settings, it is all default. but for some reason now, after about 30-40 lines, i get ipbanned for flooding
Well, how many messages is your bot sending? Did you install any scripts that add to the queue load? Or did you enable other features (e.g. greet or idle messages) that are causing additional messages?

View PostRich, on 30 June 2010 - 09:07 AM, said:

You are probably what is called "tagged".

In my opinion I think things were recently set to be more strict in warden (I mean how many messages you can send in a certain amount of time might have been adjusted)as an effort to stop spam or something. Just a thought as to why I have also been getting IP tagged lately as well :P
I never heard of being "IP tagged", but Warden has been disabled for quite a while now (~ 6 months?) ... People need to stop blaming Warden for everything. Even if it was enabled, it's not the cause of all evil happening to Battle.net users.

View PostRich, on 30 June 2010 - 09:07 AM, said:

My way around this is using and alternating different wifi every few days or so (belonging to neighbors w/ permission), but not every day... ever since I started doing this I think I've been flooding less. Good luck.
That's not only a bad solution, I highly advise against changing the IP to avoid an IP ban (which is what you're doing). The reason is explained in the respective wiki article.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#4 User is offline   Telrin Icon

• PipPip

Posted July 02, 2010 - 12:56 AM

i do have scripts that talk but that add to the queue but in order for me to test if it was indeed the queue's fault of my script i disabled all the scripts.i dont have any idle messages on or anything that adds to the queue
i went into a channel that was being flooded with bots.

so i did .ban name*

the bot will attempt to ban all the bots, but after a while. it disconnects from battle.net and says "you have been disconnected for flooding" or soemthing similar.

#5 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted July 03, 2010 - 08:32 AM

Well, there's your problem. The queue isn't perfect, but even with a decent queue it's almost impossible to ban a flood/load. The flood bots are designed that way. If it's a clan channel, make it private and wait the attack out. Or report it to a Blizzard representative. Do not try to ban the flood. The chat filters in StealthBot should filter most of the spam out (depending on how fast the flood is), so that it doesn't act up and drop.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users