• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bot Crashes read topic

#1 User is offline   Madmatti Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted April 07, 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hello everyone.
My bot crashes I think every second hour. Then it just closes everything (not the connection, but the whole program except launcher!). I haven't found an errorlog yet, if it exists, please tell me where, so that I can give you more info :)

About the program:
Version 2.7.1
running on Windows XP 32 bit
connection via 6.000 DSL lan
computer self-configurated, so some standard programs (like excel and so on) are not installed!

Are there other programs that might cause an error? I'm using other WC3 tools like banlist and so on

thanks in anticipation
Madmatti
Do not debate with idiots, they pull you down on their niveau and beat you with experience!

#2 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted April 08, 2010 - 07:36 PM

When you open your bot's profile folder (Settings > View Files... > Open Bot Folder from inside the bot), there is a log folder. You have to have logging enabled though. See if you can spot any relevant information in the bot logs.

If that's not the case, try to check the Windows event logs (as explain in this topic at the time your bot crashes.

And do you get any error messages at all? Or does it just close without any notification? Please make sure that you have all the required runtimes installed as well (the 3 links at the bottom of this topic).
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#3 User is offline   Madmatti Icon

• Pip

Posted April 08, 2010 - 11:16 PM

Thanks a lot for your response!
I hadn't installed a program of the three... bot has not crashed for the last 3 hours!
You said something about logs... i can only find chatlogs and whisperlogs... but however there is something interesting... look at that
[...]
[01:16:42 AM] -- Zombie_x3 has left the channel.
[01:17:54 AM] -> Welcome to StealthBot v2.7 - Build 436, by Stealth.
[01:17:54 AM] -> If you enjoy StealthBot, consider supporting its development at http://donate.stealthbot.net
[...]
someone left our channel, and then? crashed... but - shut down? no! there is no message.

but before doing anything else let's look if it runs better with the program :)

Thank you!
Madmatti

PS: one of the programs is not avaible at the moment. could only download a "Readme" with the following content:

This update is being re-packaged and will be made available shortly.

Do not debate with idiots, they pull you down on their niveau and beat you with experience!

#4 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Find me elsewhere (Inactive)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted April 09, 2010 - 02:48 AM

Someone left at least 1:15 before the crash, that's not the cause.
Posted Image
7thAce.no-ip.org: Posted Image
Official SB Tech @ Clan SBs USEast
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#5 User is offline   Shnougle Icon

• The Other King of TBR
  • PipPipPip

Posted April 12, 2010 - 01:54 AM

I'm actually getting this problem too. Its totally random for me though. Sometimes i launch it and it crashes within 30 seconds, and other times it's up for 2 weeks with no issues. Lately though it's been crashing at least twice per day, which is highly annoying. I checked my logs and there is no relevant information, the bot just... turns off. It doesn't crash or stop responding, its like the process just randomly ends. I wish i had something else to give you :( .

Things I've tried:
1: re-installation
2: Changing profiles
3: removing scripts
4: Other random small things that are irrelevant.
Posted Image

TBR Official Website
Visit us at Channel 'Clan TBR' on USWest, USEast, or Europe.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users