• This topic is locked

ATTN: Weasel

#1 User is offline   SamuelDeuter Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderators

Posted February 20, 2010 - 12:37 PM

eX-tehC, on 20 February 2010 - 03:37 AM, said:

http://www.nintendo....eld_english.jsp

There you go. Every Gameboy Color game had a seizure warning, maybe you're just too young to remember. Even if you had a pre-existing condition and it was triggered by the GB, the GB still caused it. Logic fail. If someone has a weak heart and goes on a run and has a heart attack, the heart attack was caused by the run.

Oh and I'll send you a copy of my transcript with my 4.3 GPA in Econ if you really want me to prove I'm smarter than you.

Stop PMing me.

That's not a warning for seizures caused by the gameboy, that's generic information about seizures. They're required to have that information by law.

The Gameboy Color's screen doesn't have the physical power to produce a large enough spectrum of colors at a high enough frequency to cause a seizure.

Causing and Triggering are completely different terms medically, there are plenty of people that die when they have been found to be completely healthy, due to genetic diseases that get triggered by external conditions. We don't just say that Gameboys are murdering people and that they give seizures to everybody, and people should fear them. Although I'll give you a break, there is a reason why you're such a confused little kiddie, that's because of the Porygon episode of PoKéMoN that has gotten famous, you must have just made some connections in your head.

I don't know how you're though process works, but usually you look for evidence to supplement an argument, either you're not thinking hard enough, or you're thinking way to hard. Either way you're a moron.

GPA is a extremely poor way to gauge intellect, the current educational system that's prevalent in the world right now is based on the industrial revolution, any capable person should be able to get a high GPA. That's why there is such a large gap in grade point average in the United States, its not because we're stupid, its because of poverty. Usually if you take the financial statistics of a country and compare it to the educational statistics of a country you usually see a relationship.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Tuck Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted February 20, 2010 - 01:37 PM

ehm... wtf? only like 6 year old kids have a gameboy
-Tuck

#3 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:10 PM

I still have my Game Boy (the very first model) and I fucking love it. It still works. The new ones use to break more easily.

Posted Image

This topic is now about the awesomeness of Game Boys. Discuss.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#4 User is offline   Tuck Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:11 PM

View PostPhiX, on 20 February 2010 - 05:10 PM, said:

I still have my Game Boy (the very first model) and I fucking love it. It still works. The new ones use to break more easily.

Posted Image

I never had one because i actually had a real life and played soccer with friends instead.
-Tuck

#5 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, and you probably never traveled by train or were just bored in the evenings. You probably don't have a mobile phone either, because that would steal time from your great real life.

By the way, why are you posting on these forums? Go and play cards with your imaginary friends.
PhiX

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#6 User is offline   Ben Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:21 PM

Although I'll give you a break, there is a reason why you're such a confused little kiddie

Well you did confuse me there at least. You may be three times my weight, hence I'm little to you, but me being several years older than you, you would be the kiddie. You seem to be a big confused kiddie.

GPA is a extremely poor way to gauge intellect, the current educational system that's prevalent in the world right now is based on the industrial revolution, any capable person should be able to get a high GPA. That's why there is such a large gap in grade point average in the United States, its not because we're stupid, its because of poverty. Usually if you take the financial statistics of a country and compare it to the educational statistics of a country you usually see a relationship.

I agree with you for once. Thanks for pointing out I'm richer and smarter than you. "Any capable person" isn't capable of getting 100 percent on every assignment, quiz and exam, unless you're trying to say that 99 percent of people aren't capable.

View PostPhiX, on 20 February 2010 - 08:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Well I guess we have to do what PhiX says.

I still have my original too, that old brick will never break. The only game I have for it is Tetris. I have an old GBC laying around with all the old Pokemon games.

View PostTuck, on 20 February 2010 - 08:11 AM, said:

I never had one because i actually had a real life and played soccer with friends instead.

I played competitive soccer for 8 years.. Having a GB and playing soccer aren't two incompatible things, unless you can only afford the one. If that was the case I'd probably choose ma GB.

This post has been edited by eX-tehC: February 20, 2010 - 04:31 PM

#7 User is offline   Tuck Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:28 PM

View PostPhiX, on 20 February 2010 - 05:19 PM, said:

Yeah, and you probably never traveled by train or were just bored in the evenings. You probably don't have a mobile phone either, because that would steal time from your great real life.

lol phix i though you where older than me.. Your trying to start a freaking fight over a gameboy witch kids play pokemon crap on.

View PosteX-tehC, on 20 February 2010 - 05:21 PM, said:

Well I guess we have to do what PhiX says.

I still have my original too, that old brick will never break. The only game I have for it is Tetris. I have an old GBC laying around with all the old Pokemon games.

I played competitive soccer for 8 years.. Having a GB and playing soccer aren't two incompatible things, unless you can only afford the one. If that was the case I'd probably choose ma GB.

Competitive as in what? My club had this friend ship thing with other clubs across europe, so every summer we got to travel to another country for a week and play soccer.

i've played from when i was 7 and still play so 11 years for me

Choosing a gameboy instead of a real thing is just ew.
-Tuck

#8 User is offline   SamuelDeuter Icon

• Icon

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:34 PM

Tuck, get your fucking retarded ass self out of here, cant you see I'm trying to have a troll thread here?

Anyways, Intellectually Checkmated...
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Ben Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:37 PM

View PostTuck, on 20 February 2010 - 08:28 AM, said:

lol phix i though you where older than me.. Your trying to start a freaking fight over a gameboy witch kids play pokemon crap on.

Competitive as in what? My club had this friend ship thing with other clubs across europe, so every summer we got to travel to another country for a week and play soccer.

i've played from when i was 7 and still play so 11 years for me

Choosing a gameboy instead of a real thing is just ew.

I played a Silver league. Here there is House, Silver, Gold then Metro. We just played in Metro Vancouver, so about another 6 cities.

I played baseball for longer than soccer, as well as track and field, fencing, tennis, etc. With all the other sports going on soccer didn't matter too much.

Oh and PhiX doesn't start fights, he finishes them.

#10 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon

Posted February 20, 2010 - 05:54 PM

Trying way too hard.
Pyro, AKA Davnit
  • StealthBot Developer
  • Chieftain of Clan BoT
  • Host of pyro.no-ip.biz

https://davnit.net/

#11 User is offline   SamuelDeuter Icon

• Icon

Posted February 20, 2010 - 06:42 PM

View PostPyro, on 20 February 2010 - 09:54 AM, said:

Trying way too hard.

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Mega Icon

• I have open-source underwear.
  • Icon
  • Group: Off-Topic Moderators

Posted February 21, 2010 - 04:47 AM

View PostPhiX, on 20 February 2010 - 11:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

shopped

#13 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted February 21, 2010 - 09:57 AM

View PostMega, on 21 February 2010 - 05:47 AM, said:

shopped
Only because you didn't have the Wikipedia game? Pfft.
PhiX

#14 User is offline   oblivious Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted February 21, 2010 - 10:07 AM

I have the golden game boy (somewhere) and a teal gameboy color, as well as a DSlite.

#15 User is offline   Ben Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted February 22, 2010 - 03:38 AM

Que?

#16 User is offline   SamuelDeuter Icon

• Icon

Posted February 22, 2010 - 05:04 AM

Albin I see you reading this thread, get on vent.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   JesusCake Icon

• In raptor jesus we trust
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted February 22, 2010 - 05:38 PM

wikipedia game is pros only
Posted Image
Thanks mega

#18 User is offline   Zin Icon

• Boo Boo Titty-Fuck
  • PipPipPip

Posted February 25, 2010 - 05:49 AM

View PostSamuelDeuter, on 20 February 2010 - 04:37 AM, said:

The Gameboy Color's screen doesn't have the physical power to produce a large enough spectrum of colors at a high enough frequency to cause a seizure.

Have fun finding a reference for that. Photosensitive epilepsy isn't triggered by "a large spectrum of colours at a high frequency". Some frequencies set it off easier than others, and the amount of colours doesn't have much to do with it; it's mostly patterns.

Although I'll give you a break, there is a reason why you're such a confused little kiddie, that's because of the Porygon episode of PoKéMoN that has gotten famous, you must have just made some connections in your head.

It's funny because he's older than you.

GPA is a extremely poor way to gauge intellect, the current educational system that's prevalent in the world right now is based on the industrial revolution, any capable person should be able to get a high GPA. That's why there is such a large gap in grade point average in the United States, its not because we're stupid, its because of poverty.

So, because the industrial revolution helped to spawn the education system it is easier to get a high GPA? What?
Also, the education system isn't a worldwide thing. Each country has its own, you know... Not to mention there's a huge difference between public schools and private universities.

#19 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted February 25, 2010 - 01:28 PM

serious post is serious
PhiX

#20 User is offline   SamuelDeuter Icon

• Icon

Posted February 25, 2010 - 08:27 PM

View PostJaesin, on 24 February 2010 - 09:49 PM, said:

Have fun finding a reference for that. Photosensitive epilepsy isn't triggered by "a large spectrum of colours at a high frequency". Some frequencies set it off easier than others, and the amount of colours doesn't have much to do with it; it's mostly patterns.

High frequencies is the biggest factor in causing seizures.

It's funny because he's older than you.

Inorite?

So, because the industrial revolution helped to spawn the education system it is easier to get a high GPA? What?
Also, the education system isn't a worldwide thing. Each country has its own, you know... Not to mention there's a huge difference between public schools and private universities.

The basis for almost all educational systems in the world right now is originally based on training people to be good factory workers.
Posted Image

#21 User is offline   Zin Icon

• Boo Boo Titty-Fuck
  • PipPipPip

Posted February 25, 2010 - 09:34 PM

View PostSamuelDeuter, on 25 February 2010 - 12:27 PM, said:

High frequencies is the biggest factor in causing seizures.

Generally, no. Flickering light within a certain frequency range causes them. There's no rule that says "the higher the frequency, the easier the seizure".

View PostSamuelDeuter, on 25 February 2010 - 12:27 PM, said:

The basis for almost all educational systems in the world right now is originally based on training people to be good factory workers.

I have no idea where you get your information from, but I'm pretty sure that my chemistry classes and Ben's econ classes have nothing to do with factory working. Just because it was originally based to create factory workers doesn't mean thats the main purpose anymore. There's something called updating, which is what people tend to do with something crucial as the fucking education system.
Poor american education system != poor worldwide education systems.

#22 User is offline   SamuelDeuter Icon

• Icon

Posted February 26, 2010 - 12:47 PM

View PostJaesin, on 25 February 2010 - 01:34 PM, said:

I have no idea where you get your information from, but I'm pretty sure that my chemistry classes and Ben's econ classes have nothing to do with factory working. Just because it was originally based to create factory workers doesn't mean thats the main purpose anymore. There's something called updating, which is what people tend to do with something crucial as the fucking education system.
Poor american education system != poor worldwide education systems.

The entire mass education system that is prevalent throughout the world is designed for the industrial revolution. It's designed to teach you to pay attention and do what your told more than learning the subject. There has not been any change in how this works, and its still the most used educational system. The GPA is the embodiment of this system. GPA shows that you can pay attention and do what your told more than you know the subject. Also no most the of the world has not "Updated" from this system. All of this is based on research of a few college professors spent the last 10 years working on, I watched a 2 hr interview about it.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Ben Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted February 26, 2010 - 02:34 PM

View PostSamuelDeuter, on 26 February 2010 - 04:47 AM, said:

The entire mass education system that is prevalent throughout the world is designed for the industrial revolution. It's designed to teach you to pay attention and do what your told more than learning the subject. There has not been any change in how this works, and its still the most used educational system. The GPA is the embodiment of this system. GPA shows that you can pay attention and do what your told more than you know the subject. Also no most the of the world has not "Updated" from this system. All of this is based on research of a few college professors spent the last 10 years working on, I watched a 2 hr interview about it.

Interesting that you bring this up consindering the program I'm in (Mechatronics) and the program I am transfering to (Integrated Engineering) are both designed completely differently than your standard classes. My courses were completely hands on, with a class of 20 people. I never had a lecture with more than 40 students. We are told what needs to be done in the class and given the resources to do so, and must learn through our own trials. There has been LOTS of change in the education system.

I was just at a world wide convention for learing in Vancouver this past summer and attended several lectures on new styles of teaching, granted most have not been implimented yet. My grandfather was a professor at the University of Toronto and has lectured at Waterloo University as well, he's also on the board for an experimental learning institute at the Science Center in Ontario and a great advoce for the change of the education system. Experimental education has been in development for a long time. This is not based on research of a FEW professors of the last 10 years, it is thousands of professors for well over 40 years.

Also interesting, from your birthday on your profile you aren't even in university yet unless you skipped a grade.

This post has been edited by eX-tehC: February 26, 2010 - 02:37 PM

#24 User is offline   SamuelDeuter Icon

• Icon

Posted February 26, 2010 - 03:34 PM

View PosteX-tehC, on 26 February 2010 - 06:34 AM, said:

Interesting that you bring this up consindering the program I'm in (Mechatronics) and the program I am transfering to (Integrated Engineering) are both designed completely differently than your standard classes. My courses were completely hands on, with a class of 20 people. I never had a lecture with more than 40 students. We are told what needs to be done in the class and given the resources to do so, and must learn through our own trials. There has been LOTS of change in the education system.

I was just at a world wide convention for learing in Vancouver this past summer and attended several lectures on new styles of teaching, granted most have not been implimented yet. My grandfather was a professor at the University of Toronto and has lectured at Waterloo University as well, he's also on the board for an experimental learning institute at the Science Center in Ontario and a great advoce for the change of the education system. Experimental education has been in development for a long time. This is not based on research of a FEW professors of the last 10 years, it is thousands of professors for well over 40 years.

Also interesting, from your birthday on your profile you aren't even in university yet unless you skipped a grade.

Every time I read anything you post I get the feeling I'm being lied to.

world wide convention for learing in Vancouver? Never heard of it.

I'm assuming you mean learning, also, where would this have been held Vancouver convention center?

Also I don't see why my age has anything to do with you being wrong.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Ben Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted February 26, 2010 - 04:27 PM

Sorry posted after working a 12 hour nightshift, spelling isn't going to be perfect.

I'm sure you haven't heard of a lot of things, that does nothing to prove they don't exist.

Honestly don't know the name of the conference. My grandfather was lecturing and flew out from Ontario to do so so I went with him. I'll ask him next time I talk to him on the phone. It was this past Spring/Summer held in the Vancouver Fairmont I believe. Not sure why you think I'd lie about this, and even if I did the points are still valid if you want to go google the research.

If you think I'm lying about being in Mechatronics I'll forward you my transcript as I've offered before. Easily proved.

Here is the Ontario Science School website: http://www.ontariosc...ool/default.asp

You can look up the Mechatronics program through www.sfu.ca or the Integrated Eng program at http://www.igen.ubc.ca/

You not going to University means you haven't even experienced what you are arguing about with Jaesin and myself, and we are both at university. What you read on the interwebs != real life experience.

Edit: One conference I attended was "Improving University Teaching (IUT) 34th International Conference, Participant, SFU, Burnaby, B. C., 2009"

That isn't the conference I am referring to but it is quite similar.

Second Edit: Oh and as for stuff my grandfather does, if you're doubting that as well, please look at these websites. They are quite interesting by themselves, and deal with a lot more than just the topics we are discussing.

www.eipiphiny.org/meaning.shtml
www.aakkozzll.com

Both of these are created by him (Burke Brown). I hope I'm not going to have to do a DNA test to prove this one to you.

This post has been edited by eX-tehC: February 26, 2010 - 04:30 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users