• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

How do I add scripts to my Stealthbot?

#1 User is offline   The-Black-Ninja Icon

• The Sex
  • Icon
  • Group: Scripting Moderators

Posted August 06, 2009 - 01:29 AM

As some of you may have noticed, Stealthbot is focusing more on creating scripts as opposed to plugins. This means that when you first download the bot, you don't need that extra step to download the Plugin System in order to run your scripts. These are the methods for saving scripts after you've just installed your Stealthbot.

Remember: You do not need to install the Plugin System!

First, you MUST use the Launcher application to create a new profile. From there, launch the bot. Now, when you go to the Scripting drop down menu from the bot console and click the " Open Scripts Folder ", you will be taken to the location of the scripts folder. All scripts should be saved in this location and will belong to the specific profile. Say you were to make two different profiles, "Bot1" and "Bot2" and you load the CRS into Bot1's profile. When you start Stealthbot using the Bot2 profile, the Stealthbot will not have the CRS script because the script was not inserted into that profile's script folder.

For example, my scripts folder for the Stealthbot installation directory is (ignore the backwards slashes, apparently these boards don't like the front slash):

C:/Program Files/Stealthbot/SB2.7/scripts
HOWEVER!!! when I open the bot through the launcher and go to the scripts folder through the bot console, the directory is now:

C:/Documents and Settings/Heather/Application Data/StealthBot/Heather/scripts
All your scripts are to be saved in that script folder, not the default program files one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saving scripts within code tags
Sometimes, if you copy code within the code tags, you might lose all the formatting and indenting, which is just messy, or sometimes have it all jumble up together, which is really not good, so here's what you do.

For Internet Explorer users:
  1. Move down to the lower-right edge of the code post and click the " Posted Image Reply " button.
  2. Now you have all the code with the proper formatting inside the code tags. The code you want is in between those code tags.
  3. Highlight the code in between the code tags, hold CTRL, press C to copy the code, release CTRL.
  4. Open up Notepad or whatever text editor you like to use. Hold CTRL, press V to paste the code, release CTRL.
  5. Save the code as a txt file and save it in your scripts folder, ie: C:Documents and Settings Heather Application Data StealthBot Heather scripts
  6. Go to your bot window, click the Scripting drop down menu and click Reload Scripts. Alternatively, you can hold CTRL, press R, and release CTRL as a shortcut to reloading the scripts manually.

[code] This is the code I want, the stuff between the code tags [/code]

For Firefox and Chrome users:
  1. Simply select all the code in the post.
  2. Hold CTRL, press C to copy the code, release CTRL.
  3. Open up Notepad or whatever text editor you like to use. Hold CTRL, press V to paste the code, release CTRL.
  4. Save the code as a txt file and save it in your scripts folder, ie: C: Documents and Settings Heather Application Data StealthBot Heather scripts
  5. Go to your bot window, click the Scripting drop down menu and click Reload Scripts. Alternatively, you can hold CTRL, press R, and release CTRL as a shortcut to reloading the scripts manually.

Saving scripts from attachment links
Occasionally, you will come across some scripts that are attachments that, when clicked on, will open up in your internet browser window. There are two ways to save these scripts:
  1. Click the attachment so that it opens up into a new browser window. Go to File > Save Page As, then save the file as a txt file into your /scripts folder.
  2. Right click the attachment link, choose Save Link As, save it as a txt file into your /scripts folder. Then reload the scripts on your bot after you have the script saved.

Note: When viewing code in your browser by clicking on the attachment links, occasionally, with Internet Explorer users, the code will appear smashed and jumbled all together. This isn't because the code was posted wrong, this is due to a browser issue and you should not save the code using Method 1. Instead, save the code using Method 2.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users