StealthBot.net: 2.7 Soon - StealthBot.net

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2.7 Soon

#1 User is offline   Masterchief Icon

  • Should be Sr.Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 09:36 PM

So the Stealthbot Ver 2.7 we all have been waiting for should be here in 19 days! Its been 3 years but they finally did it! :P Whos all happy that this will be out so soon??

Quote

[4:31:21 PM] >> I am working on continuing to prepare the 2.7 release, which with
[4:31:21 PM] >> some concerted efforts can probably be launched by the end of September, 2009.



A 3 year project will be out in +/-19 days. Or about that time.

This post has been edited by Masterchief: September 12, 2009 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Clan HALO [Visit us on Warcraft III[Azeroth]. Ladder/AT/Tourny/Trivia/Vent/Stealthbot/and more!]

#2 User is offline   Lyerae Icon

  • Junior Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 09:42 PM

It should come out then, provided there are no sudden issues.
Everyone knows that.

#3 User is offline   CCC Icon

  • Hey
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 09:47 PM

Im happy that it will come heard much good stuff about it :D

#4 User is offline   Masterchief Icon

  • Should be Sr.Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 09:52 PM

From verson 0.5 ALPHA to Stealthbot 2.7
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Clan HALO [Visit us on Warcraft III[Azeroth]. Ladder/AT/Tourny/Trivia/Vent/Stealthbot/and more!]

#5 User is offline   Fallen-God Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 364
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 09:58 PM

I seem to remember being told that 2.7 was coming out "soon"/"imminently"/"shortly" for about the last year at least
Now I know this time you guys are serious, just thought I'd put that out there :)
Choose Functional.

#6 User is offline   Tuck Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 587
  • Joined: August-31 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 10:14 PM

View PostMasterchief, on 12 September 2009 - 10:52 PM, said:

From verson 0.5 ALPHA to Stealthbot 2.7


no such thing as 0.5 etc..

View PostFallen-God, on 12 September 2009 - 10:58 PM, said:

I seem to remember being told that 2.7 was coming out "soon"/"imminently"/"shortly" for about the last year at least
Now I know this time you guys are serious, just thought I'd put that out there :)


none of the guys that posted here have anything to say about when and how 2.7 is going to be released just wait and see.
-Tuck

#7 User is offline   nate Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: August-09 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 10:17 PM

We actually released 2.7 yesterday, you are going to have to travel back in time if you want to get it.

#8 User is offline   CCC Icon

  • Hey
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 10:58 PM

View Postnate, on 12 September 2009 - 11:17 PM, said:

We actually released 2.7 yesterday, you are going to have to travel back in time if you want to get it.

lool

#9 User is offline   Masterchief Icon

  • Should be Sr.Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 11:04 PM

View Postnate, on 12 September 2009 - 05:17 PM, said:

We actually released 2.7 yesterday, you are going to have to travel back in time if you want to get it.

I got a time machine but its not working correct. That sucks now I cant get 2.7
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Clan HALO [Visit us on Warcraft III[Azeroth]. Ladder/AT/Tourny/Trivia/Vent/Stealthbot/and more!]

#10 User is offline   Fallen-God Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 364
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 11:10 PM

View PostTuck, on 12 September 2009 - 11:14 PM, said:

none of the guys that posted here have anything to say about when and how 2.7 is going to be released just wait and see.

What? I can't honestly say that I know how your post relates to what I said, but here goes my response anyway:
I am waiting and seeing and I am in no way inpatient.
I am merely stating, quite correctly, that for the past year we have been expecting 2.7 "soon".
Choose Functional.

#11 User is offline   ReVoKe Icon

  • Microsoft's Jedi Knight.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Beta Testers
  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: August-21 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 11:36 PM

the keyword "soon...." who knows it could be another year or 2 days, it all depends...but i have noticed the builds have been coming out slower and slower now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Fusic Icon

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Beta Testers
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: September-10 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 11:58 PM

Wish I still had the old post bookmarked but it's Elevnty Years guys.

Just keep waiting.

#13 User is offline   PhiX Icon

  • Notice the ownage.
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 8,388,607
  • Joined: July-31 09

Posted September 12, 2009 - 11:59 PM

View PostMasterchief, on 12 September 2009 - 11:36 PM, said:

So the Stealthbot Ver 2.7 we all have been waiting for should be here in 19 days! Its been 3 years but they finally did it! :P Whos all happy that this will be out so soon??

Quote

[4:31:21 PM] >> I am working on continuing to prepare the 2.7 release, which with
[4:31:21 PM] >> some concerted efforts can probably be launched by the end of September, 2009.



A 3 year project will be out in +/-19 days. Or about that time.
The news are a joke. It wasn't even Stealth who edited them. It's an allusion to FrOzeN's promise when he was the lead dev for a week or two ... last year.

Personally I don't see the bot being released by the end of this month. It will take at least a few more months - let's say 2 - to eliminate all remaining bugs and to complete the documentation. Releasing the bot without documentation would be stupid. I just hope the devs aren't pushing a release just to meet that date, because then you can be sure there will be several revisions, unhappy users and tons of questions flooding the forums.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#14 User is offline   nate Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: August-09 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 12:05 AM

View PostPhiX, on 12 September 2009 - 07:59 PM, said:

The news are a joke. It wasn't even Stealth who edited them. It's an allusion to FrOzeN's promise when he was the lead dev for a week or two ... last year.

Personally I don't see the bot being released by the end of this month. It will take at least a few more months - let's say 2 - to eliminate all remaining bugs and to complete the documentation. Releasing the bot without documentation would be stupid. I just hope the devs aren't pushing a release just to meet that date, because then you can be sure there will be several revisions, unhappy users and tons of questions flooding the forums.
You should tell them to stop testing the installer then.

#15 User is offline   Tuck Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 587
  • Joined: August-31 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 01:23 AM

View Postnate, on 13 September 2009 - 01:05 AM, said:

You should tell them to stop testing the installer then.


a installer just extract the files from it if the files are bugged or something i wouldn't say it was a installer problem but making it run at most possible os's and language setups<.<
-Tuck

#16 User is offline   WaR Icon

  • Time is irrelevant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 01:37 AM

would anyone take the bet against me if i said i highly doubt we will see 2.7 anytime soon?

#17 User is offline   DemonHunter Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 176
  • Joined: September-12 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 03:32 AM

Well, with the new forum and all I'm hoping to see 2.7 come out soon. I can't wait. keep up the good work guys. this is a great forum btw

#18 User is offline   nate Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: August-09 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 03:36 AM

View PostWaR, on 12 September 2009 - 09:37 PM, said:

would anyone take the bet against me if i said i highly doubt we will see 2.7 anytime soon?
Kinda hard to bet against a qualitative statement.

#19 User is offline   The-Black-Ninja Icon

  • The Sex
  • Icon
  • Group: Scripting Moderators
  • Posts: 2,526
  • Joined: August-01 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 03:52 AM

View PostWaR, on 12 September 2009 - 09:37 PM, said:

would anyone take the bet against me if i said i highly doubt we will see 2.7 anytime soon?
Rephrase that to: "released with proper documentation and free of major command bugs"

#20 User is offline   Swamp_Demon Icon

  • The one and only
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 91
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 04:29 AM

Woah.... Ok.. i'm Done...
~Swamp_Demon

WTF?

#21 User is offline   nate Icon

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: August-09 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 04:37 AM

View PostThe-Black-Ninja, on 12 September 2009 - 11:52 PM, said:

Rephrase that to: "released with proper documentation and free of major command bugs"
I have banged out most of those bugs at this point. And Ribose has the documentation of the scripting system done kind of. And the commands are internally documented.

#22 User is offline   WaR Icon

  • Time is irrelevant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 04:44 AM

View PostThe-Black-Ninja, on 12 September 2009 - 07:52 PM, said:

Rephrase that to: "released with proper documentation and free of major command bugs"

so thats a big no in my book

#23 User is offline   The-Black-Ninja Icon

  • The Sex
  • Icon
  • Group: Scripting Moderators
  • Posts: 2,526
  • Joined: August-01 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 04:55 AM

View PostWaR, on 13 September 2009 - 12:44 AM, said:

so thats a big no in my book
Not necessarily, 2.7 may hit its release on time. I think there's a good chance it will, though the boards will need to get all the sticky topics with tutorials and FAQs and everything.

#24 User is offline   Jack Icon

  • Might actually be named Chris
  • Icon
  • Group: Custodian
  • Posts: 193
  • Joined: August-01 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 05:10 AM

That news for StealthBot was a total joke.

FrOzeN said end of September on the old forums then after September ended, I put that in the news and put ", 2009" just to... do it. It does not mean at all that it will be released then lol.

View PostThe-Black-Ninja, on 12 September 2009 - 10:55 PM, said:

Not necessarily, 2.7 may hit its release on time. I think there's a good chance it will, though the boards will need to get all the sticky topics with tutorials and FAQs and everything.

"on time" was actually a year ago - actually it was several years ago.
Posted Imageass

#25 User is offline   WaR Icon

  • Time is irrelevant
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: September-11 09

Posted September 13, 2009 - 06:06 AM

View PostJack, on 12 September 2009 - 09:10 PM, said:

That news for StealthBot was a total joke.

FrOzeN said end of September on the old forums then after September ended, I put that in the news and put ", 2009" just to... do it. It does not mean at all that it will be released then lol.


"on time" was actually a year ago - actually it was several years ago.

was it eleventy years ago? if so the rumor is it will be released around that time

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users