StealthBot.net: Resolved: Stealthbot gets laggy after some time (and it has nothing to do with the que or my connection) - StealthBot.net

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Resolved: Stealthbot gets laggy after some time (and it has nothing to do with the que or my connection)

#1 User is offline   Rich Icon

• Coke is not a drug, It's a Soda : )
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted December 15, 2009 - 02:42 AM

I run three Stealthbots in my channel and there is a decent amount of traffic.

Two of my stealthbots are constantly "Not responding" after having the stealthbots up for a few hours.
One out of three of these bots never has this problem.
One other bot has a connection to the BCP GBD which i think is the cause of this lag..

The other bot that lags only has snapnjacks trivia (the old plugin format), but the even when the trivia is off the bot is still constantly non-responsive.

Another thing...when the Sbot window is "not responding" i cannot type anything inside the bot, or click one of the tabs like "bot settings", or even X, but i can still see the users chatting in real time in the channel as the bot is not responsive..

Is there a fix or known reason to what makes the Stealthbot program itself constantly unresponsive after open for a few hours?

thank you help is appreciated.

This post has been edited by Rich: December 15, 2009 - 02:54 AM

Posted Image
24/7 Stealthbot user since Sept. 2008 in channel Clan Soda @ USWest.

#2 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Find me elsewhere (Inactive)
  • Icon
  • Group: Tech Support Moderators

Posted December 15, 2009 - 02:57 AM

Open up the task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete). For your two bots that are laggy, does it say "Not Responding". You said something like that in your original post, but I am wondering if you just said that or that came from the task manager.
What version are you using?
No other users have reported this. I run 3 bots and never experience this (and I would assume the same for the 24/7 people in SBs and BoT).

It's also queue, not que (just putting that out there).
Posted Image
7thAce.no-ip.org: Posted Image
Official SB Tech @ Clan SBs USEast
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#3 User is offline   Rich Icon

• PipPip

Posted December 15, 2009 - 03:06 AM

Yes. it says at the top of the window [Yourbotsaccount, online in channel yourchannel] - StealthBot v2.7.1 (Not Responding)

and it switches back and forth from non-responsive to responsive every few seconds. One of my bots do this because of the bcp gdb i think, but my other bot has no reason.

This post has been edited by Rich: December 15, 2009 - 03:06 AM

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Icon

Posted December 15, 2009 - 03:10 AM

Not really sure. Is it the same bot every time? Try a fresh install (uninstall everything, remove scripts, reinstall) and see if that fixes it.
Posted Image
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#5 User is offline   Rich Icon

• PipPip

Posted December 15, 2009 - 04:10 AM

thanks

This post has been edited by Rich: December 15, 2009 - 04:10 AM

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Swamp_Demon Icon

• The one and only
  • PipPip

Posted December 15, 2009 - 04:57 AM

This happened to me as well, i Noticed that no one had reported it before.. so i did the re-install liek 2 weeks ago.. and its lil laggy here n there... but not as bad as it was. :P
~Swamp_Demon

WTF?

#7 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Icon

Posted December 15, 2009 - 01:57 PM

I have marked this topic as resolved. If you did not receive a satisfactory response please reply and provide as much relevant information as possible.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users