Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bad Tech Support

#1 User is offline   Stromming Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted December 06, 2009 - 05:24 PM

Who has set the standards for the tech support? They do not help me and when I make a complaint they delete it because they don't want to know that they are doing a bad job. Well if you did your job, you wouldn't get any complaints!

Why can't you just do your job and help people like you are supposed to?!

#2 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Find me elsewhere (Inactive)
  • Icon
  • Group: Tech Support Moderators

Posted December 06, 2009 - 05:31 PM

What is wrong with our support? You just say we are doing a bad job and provide no argument or evidence against us. Prove to us that we are doing a bad job without just yelling at us for no reason and maybe someone will listen to you.
Posted Image
7thAce.no-ip.org: Posted Image
Official SB Tech @ Clan SBs USEast
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#3 User is online   Pyro Icon

• Militant Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted December 06, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Each person with control over the Tech Support boards has his or her own standards as to how support should be given. The quality of the support you receive is entirely dependent on who sees your topic first, and what kind of a mood the other moderators are in. Since our sudden and unexpected move to these new forums, many of our support materials have been lost, and the few moderators who still have faith in this site are trying to put together the pieces. Our actual hierarchy is very broadly defined, and nobody is in control over the situation. Everyone kinda just does their own thing.

For example, any question that the answer to is even implied in another topic will be immediately trashed if Hdx sees it and someone else hasn't already replied. Unless he's in a bad mood, in which case he'll trash it either way. On the other hand, Ace will usually try to help you unless your question is outright answered by a stickied topic.

@ Ace: What's wrong with our support is that in many cases, we trash a thread because it's already been covered somewhere else, and usually don't even tell the poster that we trashed it. We just assume he or she will realize it on their own. When they repost asking why their topic was trashed, we trash it again and usually warn them. Some of us have become so accustomed to a forum system that we forget that others are rather new at this, and don't immediately know all of the ins and outs. In short, we're too strict and not friendly enough. This is especially true with Hdx, who probably knows more about this bot than everyone else combined, but is the least friendly person when it comes to dealing with people who have no idea what's going on. Also, the above.
Pyro, AKA Davnit
  • StealthBot Developer
  • Host of pyro.no-ip.biz

BNETDocs Discord: https://discord.gg/u87WVeu

#4 User is offline   Stromming Icon

• PipPip

Posted December 06, 2009 - 05:47 PM

View Post7thAce, on 06 December 2009 - 06:31 PM, said:

I'll answer you before you get warned and this gets trashed.
What is wrong with our support? You just say we are doing a bad job and provide no argument or evidence against us. Prove to us that we are doing a bad job without just yelling at us for no reason and maybe someone will listen to you.

Isn't the fact that I have gotten IP banned for 2 weeks even though I have read all your support posts and I have posted my own evidence enough?
I actually had some suggestions for you in my last post but that people just delete stuff like pisses me off. Why not just gather all the help stuff in 1 topic and just section it up? Or get configs that works for XP, Vista, Seven and whatever people use so you can just download it without having to look in ur forums for hours. And why not have all the files that are neccessary available for download somewhere? It's all spread out in too many places and your redirections is bad support since that is what people have done to me and that is why I am banned.

Sorry if I sound really bitchy but I am pissed for getting IP banned for 2 weeks, again!

View PostPyro, on 06 December 2009 - 06:42 PM, said:

@ Ace: What's wrong with our support is that in many cases, we trash a thread because it's already been covered somewhere else, and usually don't even tell the poster that we trashed it. We just assume he or she will realize it on their own. When they repost asking why their topic was trashed, we trash it again and usually warn them. Some of us have become so accustomed to a forum system that we forget that others are rather new at this, and don't immediately know all of the ins and outs. In short, we're too strict and not friendly enough. This is especially true with Hdx, who probably knows more about this bot than everyone else combined, but is the least friendly person when it comes to dealing with people who have no idea what's going on.

I utterly agree. However you wouldn't need that many threads would you? Just because YOU moderators know where all the information is doesn't mean we do and I am sorry if this sounds rude but maybe we don't wanna spend 2 hours searching through topics?

#5 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Icon

Posted December 06, 2009 - 05:58 PM

It's not our fault for getting you banned though. If I read correctly, we didn't say to add dashes to your key.
In fact, I am making a wiki page on every error in stealthbot that we know of. I have just released a template and will be making progress on it. Errors page is here. For now, all known errors are in the wiki, archive (use search!), or known bugs.

Also, you shouldn't even have to touch the config in 2.7. As I say in Tech Support, a "config that works" doesn't tell us what is wrong. Everything in 2.7 is covered so people won't need to edit the config. All necessary files are downloaded, registered, and installed when stealthbot is installed. Some computers do stuff differently and come up with errors (such as ActiveX).

In your topic, we did not give you a single link/redirect to follow.

@Pyro - Yes, Hdx does trash a lot of topics and I see where you are coming from. Very true because of the 5 VCF topics a day on the old forums. The attitude has just carried over.

@52's post - :/ I never worked on the installer and never came up with any errors, so I assumed it was a error by the computer, not the installer.
Posted Image
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#6 User is offline   Hdx Icon

• Hdx
  • Icon

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:00 PM

I don't see any logs of you being banned from the site for 2 weeks, if you're referring to Battle.net We don't control that.
The installer DOES come with all necessary files/configs/w/e the fuck you want to claim it does not. Except for the VB6 runtime.
It has an issue registering a few dependencies, which we have addressed in the Known Bugs forum.
It was also missing the CRev file, which was addressed in 2.7.1's installer.
So either explain exactly wtf you are talking about or stop bitching.

After reviewing your previous posts, you took it upon yourself to manually edit the config files. Which is STUPID!
Setting and invalid cdkey, and trying to connect. Seriously, SERIOUSLY! You thought that WOULDN'T get you IPBanned?

Ya you may not know how forums work, but seriously it's not hard. If you don't know what you are looking for Search it's a handy tool!
Or you could check the Tech Support forum, in the thing that shows up on every page: 'Known Bugs'!

So once again, stop bitching because you are a moron, and try harder.
Erin Go Bragh!
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:02 PM

View PostStromming, on 06 December 2009 - 06:47 PM, said:

Isn't the fact that I have gotten IP banned for 2 weeks even though I have read all your support posts and I have posted my own evidence enough?
I actually had some suggestions for you in my last post but that people just delete stuff like pisses me off. Why not just gather all the help stuff in 1 topic and just section it up? Or get configs that works for XP, Vista, Seven and whatever people use so you can just download it without having to look in ur forums for hours. And why not have all the files that are neccessary available for download somewhere? It's all spread out in too many places and your redirections is bad support since that is what people have done to me and that is why I am banned.
Sorry, but this isn't true at all. You had one issue where you got yourself IP banned due to manually messing around with the config file. That is not our fault to begin with. This also has nothing to do with missing files or a "wrong" config file. The bot will create the config file on its own once you fill out the required information. We never told you to manually edit it or change anything in it. You were messing around with it and got yourself IP banned. But making us responsible for that is just silly. The operating system has nothing to do with this either.

Sorry if I sound really bitchy but I am pissed for getting IP banned for 2 weeks, again!
Understandable, but in no way our fault.

I utterly agree. However you wouldn't need that many threads would you? Just because YOU moderators know where all the information is doesn't mean we do and I am sorry if this sounds rude but maybe we don't wanna spend 2 hours searching through topics?
You don't have to look through every topic. We have a pinned topic that covers common issues which are explained in our wiki. Admitted, the documentation is still incomplete. But we still never told to do what you did to get yourself IP banned.

As for your topic getting trashed/deleted: It's clearly against the Board Rules to publicly discuss a moderator's action. Besides the fact that ranting topics without pointing to actual examples are pointless in the first place. That why such topics will be trashed immediately.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#8 User is offline   Stromming Icon

• PipPip

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:07 PM

View PostHdx, on 06 December 2009 - 07:00 PM, said:

I don't see any logs of you being banned from the site for 2 weeks, if you're referring to Battle.net We don't control that.
The installer DOES come with all necessary files/configs/w/e the fuck you want to claim it does not. Except for the VB6 runtime.
It has an issue registering a few dependencies, which we have addressed in the Known Bugs forum.
It was also missing the CRev file, which was addressed in 2.7.1's installer.
So either explain exactly wtf you are talking about or stop bitching.

After reviewing your previous posts, you took it upon yourself to manually edit the config files. Which is STUPID!
Setting and invalid cdkey, and trying to connect. Seriously, SERIOUSLY! You thought that WOULDN'T get you IPBanned?

Ya you may not know how forums work, but seriously it's not hard. If you don't know what you are looking for Search it's a handy tool!
Or you could check the Tech Support forum, in the thing that shows up on every page: 'Known Bugs'!

So once again, stop bitching because you are a moron, and try harder.

If the bot comes with all the necessary stuff, why didn't it work when I tried it? I got help, which didn't help.

Oh, and for all the re directs, this isn't my first account. I had another one a long time ago but it got deleted, don't ask me why.

The CD-key didn't have dashes or anything it was plain numbers. 23124235435345534 and so on. (that is random btw). I havent done a single thing that I have been advised to do either by a staff member or by one of your help threads.

And Hdx, just because you know all about SB and you work with it, don't assume that everyone else does you dumb shit, learn some damn manners. Being smart doesn't make you god and being stupid doesn't mean you can't try and get some help. You sir, need a reality check.

Phix, I am not sure how it is on your forums now, last time I was here was months ago, I haven't checked recently because I have a friend that has this working, and he has no problem, but I do.

And I didn't manually configure the config. Do you think I have the balls enuf to do that when I might get banned from bnet when I so wanna play?

Anyway, I am done complaining. I am gonna endure these 2 weeks. Uninstall the stupid SB bot, redownload it again, follow the step by step configuration that it has, which I did last time too (I always use that), and i'll see what happens.

Now my question is that has nothing to do with this. Can you get unbanned by blizzard tech support if you explain why? I mailed just a few minutes ago, and is it even legal to have a bot? Because I have no idea and if its not, I wont even try to download it.

This post has been edited by Stromming: December 06, 2009 - 06:10 PM

#9 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Icon

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:09 PM

It did come with all of the necessary stuff. What wasn't working was a JBLS server hosted by someone. (If you are referring to the topic you made) The JBLS server was not updated, so that was the host's fault, not Stealthbot's.
Don't argue with Hdx, because it just ends up as a flamefest in the end and we're back where we started.
And just to let you know, your original topic wasn't deleted. It was moved to the archive (for reasons stated in a pinned topic in Tech Support).

It's fine to have a bot such as Stealthbot (channel/moderation bot) as long as you don't spam, advertise, anything malicious, etc. with it.
You can connect to another server (such as uswest instead of useast, etc.)
In the last hour, we have made a wiki article on IP bans for everyone's reference.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Hdx Icon

• Hdx
  • Icon

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:12 PM

View PostStromming, on 06 December 2009 - 10:05 AM, said:

If the bot comes with all the necessary stuff, why didn't it work when I tried it? I got help, which didn't help.
I'm not sure, if you install it with the installer, create/launch a profile, and fill in your config using the UI, it WORKS just ask the thousands of other people who were able to understand basic user interfaces.

Oh, and for all the re directs, this isn't my first account. I had another one a long time ago but it got deleted, don't ask me why.
What was your old account name?

The CD-key didn't have dashes or anything it was plain numbers. 23124235435345534 and so on. (that is random btw). I havent done a single thing that I have been advised to do either by a staff member or by one of your help threads.

View PostStromming, on 11 October 2009 - 07:05 AM, said:

I got it set for Starcraft Broodwar but it wont accept it.
So i rewrote it in the config with the "-" signs and now I got IP banned.
I smell a liar.

And Hdx, just because you know all about SB and you work with it, don't assume that everyone else does you dumb shit, learn some damn manners. Being smart doesn't make you god and being stupid doesn't mean you can't try and get some help. You sir, need a reality check.
I don't assume everyone else does, if I did I wouldn't be helping in tech support or anywhere on this site. And No i don't think i'm a god, a bit more intelligent then the average user when it comes to this subject. But sorry if I have higher standards for you. I figure all users on this site have passed the 3rd grade :/

Anyways, you sir, need to stop bitching about shit YOU did wrong.

View PostStromming, on 06 December 2009 - 10:07 AM, said:

Anyway, I am done complaining. I am gonna endure these 2 weeks. Uninstall the stupid SB bot, redownload it again, follow the step by step configuration that it has, which I did last time too (I always use that), and i'll see what happens.
Unless you are a complete moron, it'll work. There are vary rare things that could happen that would make it not work, but nothing that would ban you. All of those issues are posted in the Known Bugs forum, or pinned in Tech Support.

View PostStromming, on 06 December 2009 - 10:07 AM, said:

Now my question is that has nothing to do with this. Can you get unbanned by blizzard tech support if you explain why? I mailed just a few minutes ago, and is it even legal to have a bot? Because I have no idea and if its not, I wont even try to download it.
No, using a bot is not 'legal', and no they won't unban you.

Honestly, what it sounds like to me, is you went online and 'acquired' a cdkey. 90% of cdkeys online are invalid, making typos with cdkeys and shit will NOT cause an invalid cdkey IPBan, thats a 1 in 32 billion chance. The other times, you'd get a unable to decode cdkey error.
Erin Go Bragh!
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:16 PM

View PostStromming, on 06 December 2009 - 07:07 PM, said:

And I didn't manually configure the config. Do you think I have the balls enuf to do that when I might get banned from bnet when I so wanna play?
Well, your post looked like you manually entered the dashes in the config file:

So i rewrote it in the config with the "-" signs and now I got IP banned.

The errors you were getting were due to a wrong CD key. You either didn't select the correct product (which can cause a "Your CD key is for another product!" error) or you had a typo in your CD key (which in addition can cause an invalid CD key error). Either way, that is not a StealthBot issue and was not caused by a missing file or whatever you assume.

Bots are not officially supported by Blizzard, so asking them to lift the IP ban because you tried to connect with an invalid CD key is a bad idea.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

#12 User is offline   Stromming Icon

• PipPip

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:24 PM

View PostHdx, on 06 December 2009 - 07:12 PM, said:

I'm not sure, if you install it with the installer, create/launch a profile, and fill in your config using the UI, it WORKS just ask the thousands of other people who were able to understand basic user interfaces.
What was your old account name?
I smell a liar.
I don't assume everyone else does, if I did I wouldn't be helping in tech support or anywhere on this site. And No i don't think i'm a god, a bit more intelligent then the average user when it comes to this subject. But sorry if I have higher standards for you. I figure all users on this site have passed the 3rd grade :/

Anyways, you sir, need to stop bitching about shit YOU did wrong.

Well I used everything step by step and I got some weird error I can't remember.

I think my old account name was Stromming as well, but that was like 2-3 years ago I think when I started using SB.
You smell a liar cuz I went into the configuration and added the dashes? I didn't say CFG file did I? I said that config page where you actually edit that stuff? And after you try it once, it changes back to without the dashes but when I tried today with all the settings as I thought they were supposed to be, no nothing hickey or weird or special. The game was set right, the cd key was right and in the right format from what everyone here have told me. The name was right, password, channel etc etc. It complained about the CDkey but that seems stupid since thats what I am using for bnet when I play? I know that I can't run both together at the same time so please dont start on that.

Of course your smarter than most everyone else on this subject, you work with it. I am probably smarter than you in the areas I work with, that doesn't make me rude to people that don't. Currently I am studying at university so I'm not a retard if you ever thought that. I just have no idea why this won't work when it works for my friend. It used to work for me. The help I am getting isn't helping me. I am getting banned for weeks so I can't really just try and see, well I could with the other servers I don't play on I suppose, but I tried that last time too and it didn't help.

But what you are saying is that if I download the SB, install it and run, it should work? Good, I will go try that on the Asia server right now then because I don't play there.

PhiX: I recall asking about CD key specifically, I got answers, I tried but it didn't work, or I wouldn't have been in this mess. But I'll try what you just said right now.

Just a note, the bot filters out spaces and hyphens if you enter the cdkey using the configuration, so, twaz a lie me not so good sirs! Also, as for your account, we switched forums, everyone had to re-register accounts. ~Hdx

#13 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Icon

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:30 PM

It sounds (from what you posted) that you manually edited the config. If you didn't it, just know that you need to be more clear in posts like that.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Distant Icon

• Forum Concierge
  • Icon

Posted December 06, 2009 - 06:33 PM

Stromming,

Thank you for your feedback regarding tech support. It's possible that we could create some standards to avoid issues like this in the future.
With that said, it does appear that you caused the IP ban. The support staff here cannot cause you to be IP banned nor can we reverse it.
You need to wait it out. While it is inconvenient, that's your only option.

I will suggest in the future, you watch your presentation. Typically that demanding and rude attitude doesn't get you very far in this community, sometimes even banned.
If you create any additional topics relating to this issue, there will be consequences for it.

Topic closed.
Everyday I'm shufflin'.

#15 User is offline   FiftyToo Icon

• StealthBot Developer
  • Icon

Posted December 08, 2009 - 06:12 AM

FYI, the bot does NOT come with all the necessary files. I just verified this on a fresh install of Windows XP Service Pack 2. The missing component I needed was the MSXML 6.0 library. All of the required components that are not included with the installation have links in this thread.

I can empathize with Stromming though, trying to get help for something and having your topic trashed is very frustrating. On the other hand, no one is getting paid to do this, so ultimately the quality of support will suffer. The problem is that it is VERY hard to weed out the stupid people from the people that have half a brain. It is pretty ironic that we have a moderator and even a developer that is unaware of the above requirements. The were excluded from the installer to minimize the file size since *most* of these components are already installed. This just goes to show how unorganized things are. I am by no means complaining about our tech support, they do an awesome job. The information I linked to is a sticky topic which means it is important and should be read BEFORE asking for help. This is how I empathize with the tech support staff, they deal with people that do not have the patience to read the sticky threads and expect a personalized answer for a common problem. Those people absolutely deserve to have their topics trashed.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users