StealthBot.net: Same username on different games with Game Specific Usernames off - StealthBot.net

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Same username on different games with Game Specific Usernames off Breaks stealthbot

#1 User is offline   lolwut Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted December 02, 2009 - 06:11 AM

If you have a Warcraft III account thats a bot, and a non-Warcraft III account with the same name and you turn off game specific usernames, the bot won't process commands from the non-WC3 account, even if the account has access.

Example:
[email protected] is a WC3 bot <--- USEast WC3
imapro is the owner.
imanoob is a random other user with access.

[email protected] has 200 access <--- To WC3 users, non-WC3 accounts say @<gateway>
imapro has 200 access
imanoob has 50 access

If imapro gives a command, say "-whoami", the bot will not react at all.
If imanoob gives a command, the bot will react normally.

#2 User is offline   Hdx Icon

• Hdx
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted December 02, 2009 - 07:12 AM

Give a screen shot from inside the bot of doing /whois each_user_name
And having them in the channel.
Erin Go Bragh!
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Find me elsewhere (Inactive)
  • Icon
  • Group: Tech Support Moderators

Posted December 02, 2009 - 12:45 PM

No, you have messed up adding users to the bot. I have no problems giving access from [email protected] to [email protected] Read this wiki article to make sure you are doing everything correctly.
Posted Image
7thAce.no-ip.org: Posted Image
Official SB Tech @ Clan SBs USEast
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#4 User is offline   lolwut Icon

• Pip

Posted December 03, 2009 - 02:49 AM

View Post7thAce, on 02 December 2009 - 04:45 AM, said:

No, you have messed up adding users to the bot. I have no problems giving access from [email protected] to [email protected] Read this wiki article to make sure you are doing everything correctly.

Please don't imply that I "messed up" adding users to the list, it's really quite insulting considering you don't know anything about me and you're just assuming I'm completely clueless. Also, just because you don't have any problems doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

I just left out that whispered commands don't work.

Screenshot:
Attached Image

#5 User is offline   Hdx Icon

• Hdx
  • Icon

Posted December 03, 2009 - 03:17 AM

So, unlike you ACTUALLY said. It does respond to commands, just not whispers when the conventions are off?
I'll look at it if i can, but honestly, naming conventions is .. annoying.
Erin Go Bragh!
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   lolwut Icon

• Pip

Posted December 03, 2009 - 03:32 AM

View PostHdx, on 02 December 2009 - 07:17 PM, said:

So, unlike you ACTUALLY said. It does respond to commands, just not whispers when the conventions are off?

Hahaha, well that was completely my bad. I just wanted to finish the post before I went to bed.

#7 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Find me elsewhere (Inactive)
  • Icon
  • Group: Tech Support Moderators

Posted December 03, 2009 - 03:55 AM

View Postlolwut, on 02 December 2009 - 09:49 PM, said:

Please don't imply that I "messed up" adding users to the list, it's really quite insulting considering you don't know anything about me and you're just assuming I'm completely clueless. Also, just because you don't have any problems doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

Screenshot:
attachment=260:fahk you.png

What a kind screenshot name...

What am I supposed to say? I will say that I may be wrong with the fact that it may not respond to whispers (like what Hdx said), but because I run the same bots under the same circumstances and have no errors, I assumed it was a user error (like it is 99% of the time). Sorry if I may have offended you though.
Posted Image
7thAce.no-ip.org: Posted Image
Official SB Tech @ Clan SBs USEast
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#8 User is offline   PhiX Icon

• Notice the ownage.
  • Icon

Posted December 03, 2009 - 06:56 PM

View Postlolwut, on 03 December 2009 - 03:49 AM, said:

You left out the only information that matters to reproduce and even notice the bug. So with your not only vague but wrong description everyone would think of a user error. No need to react like that when you actually messed something up here.
PhiX

BNLS: phix.no-ip.org

Please refrain from sending me personal messages regarding technical support issues. Use the forums, that is what they are there for.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users