• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Leonids meteor shower

#1 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Find me elsewhere (Inactive)
  • Icon
  • Group: Tech Support Moderators

Posted November 16, 2009 - 02:39 AM

So it's expected to be pretty epic in some places. United States will get some decent viewing (Nasa says 20-30 meteors per hour). Asia goes crazy with up to 500 per hour in some places (average of 200-300).
Are you going to watch it? Just if you were wondering - here's an estimate of how much meteor action you should see. http://leonid.arc.na.../estimator.html
Personally, since there's a giant spike (3x than from the rest of the night), I'll get up for like 30 mins and check it out.
Posted Image
7thAce.no-ip.org: Posted Image
Official SB Tech @ Clan SBs USEast
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#2 User is offline   joe x86 Icon

• Emergency Programmer Hologram
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted November 16, 2009 - 06:22 AM

I can't understand that astrobabble. What time do I need to go outside and look up?
Are we still listing our languages and computer specs in our signature in November 2018?

Swift, Ruby on Rails, Objective-C, JavaScript (the good parts)

iPhone Xs Max. Mid 2015 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, work laptop). Mid 2011 Mac mini (16GB RAM, 500GB HDD, home desktop). Lenovo TS140 (Ubuntu on 3TB mirrored ZFS root, 20GB ECC RAM, NAS).

#3 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Icon

Posted November 16, 2009 - 10:13 PM

Between 2:15 and 2:45 east time (5:15 - 5:45 for west, assuming it's about the same time).
Posted Image
Just a note to all you people who want to give Tech Support: Post with correct info (only - no info is better than wrong info), contribute to the topic, and be clear (the more explanation, the better).

#4 User is offline   joe x86 Icon

• Emergency Programmer Hologram
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted November 17, 2009 - 08:50 PM

A few friends and I drove out to a really remote park in the middle of nowhere and hit the ground with sleeping bags, since it was subfreezing out. I saw a few little streaks and two large ones with huge trails. I also saw a star (or satellite?) that appeared to be moving around. Odd.
Are we still listing our languages and computer specs in our signature in November 2018?

Swift, Ruby on Rails, Objective-C, JavaScript (the good parts)

iPhone Xs Max. Mid 2015 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, work laptop). Mid 2011 Mac mini (16GB RAM, 500GB HDD, home desktop). Lenovo TS140 (Ubuntu on 3TB mirrored ZFS root, 20GB ECC RAM, NAS).

#5 User is offline   7thAce Icon

• Icon

Posted November 17, 2009 - 09:29 PM

Nice. Was cloudy here so I didn't even go out to see anything. :(
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users