StealthBot.net: Mircosoft's Windows 7 - StealthBot.net

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mircosoft's Windows 7 Your Comments / Site Reviews

Poll: Windows 7

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you getting Windows 7 with your current computer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Are you going to buy a new computer with Windows 7 on it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Are you a Vista user who gets a free update?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 User is offline   Pein Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted October 23, 2009 - 07:24 PM

thers no point getting a new pc just for windows 7 , its the same as vista but with updates.

#27 User is offline   Masterchief Icon

• Should be Sr.Member
  • PipPip

Posted October 23, 2009 - 08:11 PM

View PostPein, on 23 October 2009 - 02:24 PM, said:

thers no point getting a new pc just for windows 7 , its the same as vista but with updates.

Well, say you have an old computer yet you want Windows 7. Now you could pay $200+ for Windows 7 or pay $200+ for a new computer AND Windows 7.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Clan HALO [Visit us on Warcraft III[Azeroth]. Ladder/AT/Tourny/Trivia/Vent/Stealthbot/and more!]

#28 User is offline   warrior Icon

• Badass
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted October 24, 2009 - 02:27 PM

View Postjoe x86, on 23 October 2009 - 05:55 AM, said:

Explanation of solid reasoning, from Windows 7 himself.

Why do you keep arguing with me as if I'm wrong. I'm not by the way.

1. Get quicker access to all of your stuff—use Pin and Jump Lists to keep the programs and files you use the most right at your fingertips.

Windows XP had great features such as the desktop and the quick-launch bar, but we've taken it even further by allowing you to pin things to the taskbar! This is a lot like the quick-launch bar, but it merges your non-running applications in with your running applications and makes your taskbar look more crowded.

First off, the sizes of entries in the Taskbar are less than the Vista Taskbar entries, since its only an icon representation. Ontop of this, monitor resolutions are incredibly high (in the width department, height is the limiting factor, thats why you can switch on small icons in the Taskbar settings), so your "space" issue is really not an issue at all..

The same number of applications open takes up less space in Windows7 vs Windows XP. Especially since the nonrunning representation becomes the running representation when an Application is launched.

Also, how can you be a proponent of the Quick Launch and not of the new Taskbar...which takes up less space..while doing functionally more? You understand that the Quick Launch also severely cripples your Taskbar space? Even more than the Win7 one does right? You understand that the XP Quick Launch PARTITIONS the Taskbar into two sections: Pinned and Running Representations. In Windows7 the sections are unified, giving both sections the same potential operating space.

2. Manage open windows easier—resize and arrange windows simply by dragging their borders to the edge of your screen.

Hi. I'm Windows 95. If you pick me instead of Windows 7, you can use two fingers on your left hand to execute the "alt+tab" maneuver to easily switch between windows! Save time by not having to reach for your mouse! Also, I only take 15 megabytes of disk space!

What are you talking about? Alt+Tab is *not* the same as Aero Snap..
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eH6_d1jOEeU

Educate yourself.

3. Quickly find what you’re looking for—use Windows Search to find a specific file, program, or e-mail in a few seconds.

Hello, sorry about that. 95 stole the mic but we took him out back and dropped support. He won't be back. Anyhow, if you switch to Windows 7, you don't have to organize ANYTHING. Coming soon, Desk7!

Of course, except the fact that by default, instant search only searches predetermined locations.. yeah.. nice job. You're so witty, except you're not. You're just stupid.

4. Share files and printers among multiple PCs—from one Windows 7-based PC to another, you can share files, music, photos, and even printers across your home network.

With Windows 7, you can use the same basic technology that's been a part of the operating system since long before the Y2K crisis!

Actually, Windows7's HomeGroup feature (the one they refer to) greatly simplifies the task of sharing across your home network. It is the actual implementation of the Longhorn Castle feature in early Longhorn Alphas.

http://www.neowin.ne...egroup-overview

Educate yourself.

5. Stay entertained effortlessly—with Windows Media Center you get one place to enjoy your photos and music, watch and record live TV, and watch free Internet TV.

In Soviet Operating System, YouTube watch you!

You've stopped making sense. (Did you ever make any? Arguable.)

6. Easily create and share movies—create great looking movies and slideshows and share them on YouTube in minutes.

What's that? You mean XP already has Windows Movie Maker?! OUTRAGE!

Use both programs. They're worlds apart.

7. Connect to networks easily—view and connect to any available wireless network in as few as three clicks.

This is NOT the same feature as in Windows XP. With that inferior operating system, you connect in TWO clicks. THREE IS GREATER THAN TWO!

Show me how you can view, and choose from a selection of wireless networks in less clicks than Windows7.

Posted Image

Don't worry, I'll wait.

8. Do more and wait less—improvements that can accelerate sleep and resume and make your PC more responsive help you get more done.

Your boss will love Windows 7, because you won't even have time to get coffee while waiting for your computer to boot in the morning! And now a word from Microsoft Motors.

Pull your skirt down, your idiocy is showing.

9. Don't leave programs behind—run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.

Hello. I'm here from Microsoft Motor Company to convince you to buy a new vehicle. The car you drive right now is out of date, even though we'll still support it. If you buy our latest vehicle, you can give us lots of money and drive on the same roads!

.... Then you wonder why no one takes you seriously.

I expect you to not post in this thread anymore, after the thorough ass kicking you've been giving.

View PostMatt, on 23 October 2009 - 08:24 AM, said:

Theres always one in the crowd.

I don't blame Joe, he's more or less always been lacking in intellectual capacity.

#29 User is offline   FiftyToo Icon

• StealthBot Developer
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted October 24, 2009 - 04:59 PM

Joe did a very good job of mocking windows 7. It takes 2 clicks to change wireless networks? Who cares, how often do you really change wireless networks? Aero space can cascade windows? That has been around for years and years and years, using the mouse to drag the windows is just a new way to accomplish an old task. Windows HomeGroup only works with other Windows 7 operating systems. Sure its easy to set up, but sharing files on XP isn't exactly rocket science and its supported by more than just XP. If I buy a new laptop with Windows 7, I will not be able to use the HomeGroup unless i shell out for 3 more licenses.

The only 2 points that have any real merit are the pin/jump lists and the search. These are 2 major productivity boosters. Google Desktop search is still better in my opinion since it can index your outlook, gmail, gtalk, web history, and files from all your different computers and mash it into 1 simple search result.

@ warrior

Breaking down each of his stupid responses and adding your own stupid responses is the definition of stooping to his level. The only difference is that his was in mockery and yours is a typical "im right, your wrong" response.

#30 User is offline   warrior Icon

• Badass
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 24, 2009 - 07:10 PM

View PostFiftyToo, on 24 October 2009 - 04:59 PM, said:

Joe did a very good job of mocking windows 7. It takes 2 clicks to change wireless networks? Who cares, how often do you really change wireless networks?

Number of clicks is a measure of efficiency in User Interface design. Less clicks to do more is highly significant.

Aero space can cascade windows? That has been around for years and years and years, using the mouse to drag the windows is just a new way to accomplish an old task.

Hence, it's a new feature. Not to mention it extends logically to multiple monitors. Everything in User Interface design is an evolution of something old.

Windows HomeGroup only works with other Windows 7 operating systems. Sure its easy to set up, but sharing files on XP isn't exactly rocket science and its supported by more than just XP. If I buy a new laptop with Windows 7, I will not be able to use the HomeGroup unless i shell out for 3 more licenses.

Windows 7 first is dirt cheap, and secondly has family licenses. Ontop of this too, since Windows7 is more performant than Vista, people may not necessarily run out and get multiple Windows7 computers..but they are more likely to upgrade their existing solutions.

The only 2 points that have any real merit are the pin/jump lists and the search. These are 2 major productivity boosters. Google Desktop search is still better in my opinion since it can index your outlook, gmail, gtalk, web history, and files from all your different computers and mash it into 1 simple search result.

So can Windows Desktop Search. In fact, Outlook 2003 and 2007 includes support for it. The Indexer isn't a psychic, it only knows what it's taught. Windows Desktop Search includes various APIs to implement support for your favorite file type.

Also, Windows Desktop Search indexes way less files by default..leading to a much quicker setup (less resource usage) and less disk usage. Another advantage that Google Desktop Search lacks is the ability to go in and specifically select which locations are indexed. Oh, and good luck indexing encrypted files with Google Desktop Search.

Windows Desktop Search also presents itself way better, in returning results categorized nicely.

So in my opinion, you're wrong.

@ warrior

Breaking down each of his stupid responses and adding your own stupid responses is the definition of stooping to his level. The only difference is that his was in mockery and yours is a typical "im right, your wrong" response.

My responses are factually accurate (If they're not, do me a favor and disprove them). I don't really personally care much for what you think of me, because I've been called worse by better.

Here people go again.. arguing with what I say as if I'm wrong..lol don't you see a trend?

#31 User is offline   MysT_DooM Icon

• DarkBlizz
  • PipPip

Posted October 24, 2009 - 07:28 PM

Play nice you two. PS- everyone should just use MAC OS's
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   mikeownage Icon

• Pip

Posted October 24, 2009 - 07:44 PM

I don't have as many facts to bring to the table just my observations. I've used just about every version of windows and to be honest i liked windows vista after the first service pack however before the first service pack i wasn't a big fan and used xp. The major problems i encountered after starting to use Vista x64 Ultimate had more to do with the 64bit architecture then the operating system itself. Once i disabled UAC i found that my vista felt smoother and seemed to perform better then XP. Now i have been using windows 7 x64 ultimate for over a month on my computer which is an Intel Q6600 @ 3 GHZ with 8gb of ram, about 1.5tb of hd space and an nVidia GTX 275. I have not disabled UAC on windows 7 as it doesn't seem to piss me off and cause huge hang times. The more i use windows 7 the more changes i discover between vista and windows 7. My windows 7 does indeed run faster then vista did and i don't think you will truly see the difference between xp vista and windows 7 by running them in a virtual box on an old pc.

This post has been edited by mikeownage: October 24, 2009 - 07:46 PM

#33 User is offline   FiftyToo Icon

• StealthBot Developer
  • Icon

Posted October 24, 2009 - 09:42 PM

View Postwarrior, on 24 October 2009 - 03:10 PM, said:

Here people go again.. arguing with what I say as if I'm wrong..lol don't you see a trend?

I did not say if you we were right or wrong about anything. On the contrary, you took my contribution to the thread and broke it down to a "Im right, Youre wrong" response using a combination of facts, opinions, wikipedia, and lies.

You are making comments about how the things he says makes him looks stupid. Im making comments about how the things you say make you look like an asshole.

#34 User is offline   warrior Icon

• Badass
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 24, 2009 - 09:48 PM

View PostFiftyToo, on 24 October 2009 - 09:42 PM, said:

I did not say if you we were right or wrong about anything. On the contrary, you took my contribution to the thread and broke it down to a "Im right, Youre wrong" response using a combination of facts, opinions, wikipedia, and lies.

You are making comments about how the things he says makes him looks stupid. Im making comments about how the things you say make you look like an asshole.

Actually, your assertions that "The only 2 points that have any real merit are the pin/jump lists and the search. " is a direct attack on my statement.

Point out the lies in my posts in this thread. Don't worry, I'll wait.
You also seem to be under the impression that I have a problem with being an asshole, I don't. Just like Joe seems content with being stupid, I'm fine with being an asshole.

Here's yet again another thread where I absolutely clean house, and you and others run with your collective tails between your legs because I have a pretty good knack for calling out bullshit. Now prove me wrong, or exit this thread.

Obviously, I wouldn't have a problem if people did not have the audacity to second guess what I say without doing the research, because in fact, your defense of Google Desktop Search was atrocious.

This post has been edited by warrior: October 24, 2009 - 09:49 PM

#35 User is offline   SamuelDeuter Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Global Moderators

Posted October 25, 2009 - 02:57 AM

Why would I need Windows 7? I'm already on the world's most advanced operating system...
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   warrior Icon

• Badass
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 25, 2009 - 03:06 AM

is that what you let them tell you?

#37 User is offline   --------- Icon

• PipPip

Posted October 25, 2009 - 04:24 AM

---

This post has been edited by ---------: January 18, 2015 - 08:49 PM

#38 User is offline   Distant Icon

• Forum Concierge
  • Icon

Posted October 25, 2009 - 01:44 PM

I've been contemplating switching over to 7 x64.

I'm rather fond of XP Pro x64 at the moment and I really have no reason to change.
However, I am curious to hear what Warrior has to say about XP Pro x64 compared to 7 x64 from a pros/cons standpoint.

Also, further argumentation of "I'm right, your wrong" will bring consequence.
Everyday I'm shufflin'.

#39 User is offline   Masterchief Icon

• Should be Sr.Member
  • PipPip

Posted October 26, 2009 - 09:00 PM

View PostSamuelDeuter, on 24 October 2009 - 09:57 PM, said:

Why would I need Windows 7? I'm already on the world's most advanced operating system...

Oh please.. <_<
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Clan HALO [Visit us on Warcraft III[Azeroth]. Ladder/AT/Tourny/Trivia/Vent/Stealthbot/and more!]

#40 User is offline   MusicDemon Icon

• PipPip

Posted October 26, 2009 - 09:37 PM

View PostDistant, on 25 October 2009 - 01:44 PM, said:

I've been contemplating switching over to 7 x64.

I'm rather fond of XP Pro x64 at the moment and I really have no reason to change.
However, I am curious to hear what Warrior has to say about XP Pro x64 compared to 7 x64 from a pros/cons standpoint.

I can get both x64 and x32, I'm a programmer and must use my laptop for school, so, a lot of Word stuff. I currently got VS9.

Which one do you recommend for me?
With kind regards,
MusicDemon

#41 User is offline   DemonHunter Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted October 27, 2009 - 05:52 AM

I just a little funny video about windows 7 i thought i might share with u guys :P
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

#42 User is offline   warrior Icon

• Badass
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 27, 2009 - 10:32 AM

Too late for what? It's going to sell a ridiculous amount of copies, make Microsoft a ridiculous amount of money, and at the end of the day, be good for shareholders. That's the point of a publicly traded corporation.

#43 User is offline   Masterchief Icon

• Should be Sr.Member
  • PipPip

Posted October 27, 2009 - 06:55 PM

View Postwarrior, on 27 October 2009 - 05:32 AM, said:

Too late for what? It's going to sell a ridiculous amount of copies, make Microsoft a ridiculous amount of money, and at the end of the day, be good for shareholders.

Yes.

This post has been edited by Masterchief: October 27, 2009 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 User is offline   joe x86 Icon

• Emergency Programmer Hologram
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted October 27, 2009 - 11:01 PM

View Postwarrior, on 24 October 2009 - 09:27 AM, said:

I expect you to not post in this thread anymore, after the thorough ass kicking you've been giving.

Yes, I have been giving a thorough ass kicking. L2type.
Are we still listing our languages and computer specs in our signature in November 2018?

Swift, Ruby on Rails, Objective-C, JavaScript (the good parts)

iPhone Xs Max. Mid 2015 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, work laptop). Mid 2011 Mac mini (16GB RAM, 500GB HDD, home desktop). Lenovo TS140 (Ubuntu on 3TB mirrored ZFS root, 20GB ECC RAM, NAS).

#45 User is offline   warrior Icon

• Badass
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 27, 2009 - 11:19 PM

umad?

#46 User is offline   Tarquin Icon

• PipPip

Posted October 28, 2009 - 08:44 AM

View PostFiftyToo, on 25 October 2009 - 02:59 AM, said:

Joe did a very good job of mocking windows 7. It takes 2 clicks to change wireless networks? Who cares, how often do you really change wireless networks? Aero space can cascade windows? That has been around for years and years and years, using the mouse to drag the windows is just a new way to accomplish an old task. Windows HomeGroup only works with other Windows 7 operating systems. Sure its easy to set up, but sharing files on XP isn't exactly rocket science and its supported by more than just XP. If I buy a new laptop with Windows 7, I will not be able to use the HomeGroup unless i shell out for 3 more licenses.

@ warrior

Most of what Warrior said is valid.

View Postwarrior, on 25 October 2009 - 07:48 AM, said:

Actually, your assertions that "The only 2 points that have any real merit are the pin/jump lists and the search. " is a direct attack on my statement.

Point out the lies in my posts in this thread. Don't worry, I'll wait.
You also seem to be under the impression that I have a problem with being an asshole, I don't. Just like Joe seems content with being stupid, I'm fine with being an asshole.

Here's yet again another thread where I absolutely clean house, and you and others run with your collective tails between your legs because I have a pretty good knack for calling out bullshit. Now prove me wrong, or exit this thread.

Obviously, I wouldn't have a problem if people did not have the audacity to second guess what I say without doing the research, because in fact, your defense of Google Desktop Search was atrocious.

You need to stop being so arrogant or people CANT take you seriously.

View Postjoe x86, on 28 October 2009 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yes, I have been giving a thorough ass kicking. L2type.

Dont flame it more.

View Postwarrior, on 28 October 2009 - 09:19 AM, said:

umad?

Refer to previous comment. Distant made it clear...

#47 User is offline   warrior Icon

• Badass
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 28, 2009 - 10:20 AM

I don't really much care how I come across, if what I said was wrong, then maybe there'd be cause for concern.. but its not the case, its usually just sour grapes, by people who come into a thread guns blazing, only to get called out on bs.

#48 User is offline   Tarquin Icon

• PipPip

Posted October 29, 2009 - 01:06 AM

View Postwarrior, on 28 October 2009 - 08:20 PM, said:

I don't really much care how I come across, if what I said was wrong, then maybe there'd be cause for concern.. but its not the case, its usually just sour grapes, by people who come into a thread guns blazing, only to get called out on bs.

Kinda like what you do I guess?

I work in a PC store.. I've heard a lot of crap and although on the most part you are accurate.. you aren't perfect, and you cant treat others as if you are automatically better than them.

Before you flame me.. remember that I didn't dismiss your opinions so don't be an ass.

#49 User is offline   warrior Icon

• Badass
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 29, 2009 - 02:18 PM

If you're implying anything I've said is untrue then you should point it out.

Edit: And to clarify, my position has never been that I'm perfect, but simply that I take the time to research before I talk, and that I won't blindly accept accusations of me being wrong without proof. While part of it is an ego thing, the other part of it is, that if I am indeed wrong, I'd like to learn from my misconception.

This post has been edited by warrior: October 29, 2009 - 02:22 PM

#50 User is offline   Distant Icon

• Forum Concierge
  • Icon

Posted October 29, 2009 - 10:54 PM

Get back on topic.
Everyday I'm shufflin'.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic