Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beep issues
StealthBot.net > StealthBot > Scripting and Plugins
G1169
Give me somewhat of a break. I am new. I've been sifting through other threads and it hasn't given me what I needed to get it working.

CODE
[beep]

enabled=True

;New Version Notification
nvn=True

;Owner. Will use "BotVars.BotOwner" in versions 2.7 and above.
compatability.botowner=

;Command word to use to notify you.
command.commandword=page

;Access required to use the command.
command.access=-1

;Flags required to use the command.
command.flags=

;The message to use when speaking, whispering, or showing a messagebox. If they left a note. %O = Bot owner, %U = Their name, %C = Bot's channel, %S = Bot's server, %T = Time, %D = Date, %N = Their note.
notify.messagewithnote=%U wants your attention in %C (%N).

;The message to use when speaking, whispering, or showing a messagebox. If they did not leave a note. %O = Bot owner, %U = Their name, %C = Bot's channel, %S = Bot's server, %T = Time, %D = Date.
notify.message=%U wants your attention in %C.

;Notifies you when a user joins the channel.
joinNotify.enabled=False

;The message to use when speaking, whispering, or showing a messagebox for Join Notification. If they did not leave a message. %U = Their name, %C = Bot's channel, %S = Bot's server, %T = Time, %D = Date.
joinNotify.message=%U has joined %C.

;Notifies the channel/user when they use the command. Will not notify when they join and JoinNotify is on. Set its options below.
channelnotify.enabled=True

;Whispers user the notification.
channelnotify.whisper=True

;The message to respond to the user with. %O = Bot owner, %U = Their name, %C = Bot's channel, %S = Bot's server, %T = Time, %D = Date.
channelnotify.message=Contacting... Please wait.

;Notifies you with a beep of the computer. Set its options below.
chime.enabled=True

;Frequency of the chime. (in Hz) (40 to 15,000)
chime.frequency=250

;Length of the chime. (in ms) (> 10)
chime.duration=1000

;Notifies you with a whisper. This is for gamers that want a notification in-game. Set its options below.
whisper.enabled=False

;Put the username here of who the bot will whisper the notification to. Use @Owner for BotVars.BotOwner and @Friends to use /f m.
whisper.user=@Friends

;Notifies you with a Microsoft Text-To-Speech synthesized voice. Set its options below.
voice.enabled=False

;Put the name here of the voice you want here (examples: Microsoft Mike, Microsoft Mary, Microsoft Sam). @Default = Computer's default voice (set under Control Panel > Speech > Text-to-Speech).
voice.voice=@Default

;Notifies you with a .wav file sound. Set its options below.
sound.enabled=False

;The .wav file to use.
sound.file=C:\Windows\Media\ding.wav

;Notifies you with a message box. This is for gamers that want to be minimized from their game. Set its options below.
messagebox.enabled=False

;The title bar of the message box will say this.
messagebox.caption=StealthBot

;The icon to show with the message box. 0 = None, 1 = White X in red circle, 2 = Blue ? in bubble, 3 = Black ! in yellow triangle, 4 = Blue i in bubble.
messagebox.icon=3

;If enabled, will halt all programs until you respond to it, otherwise it will just halt StealthBot.
messagebox.systemmodal=False

What seems to be the problem after much... much... trial and error is, the only one who can use the page command is the bot owner... aka
Owner: .page
Bot: [insert message here] Such as "Contacting... Please wait."

Person who isn't bot owner but still has the access and flags requirement: .page
Bot: *silence*

...and the page command doesn't seems to work at all for them.

I don't know how i can explain it any better.

(edit1: Oh, I forgot to mention, it DOES beep for the owner and doesn't for anyone else. had to clear that up.)
tunefisch
Nice question. I didnt believe it could beep on other computers, but if it can do it it would be ql.
The-Black-Ninja
QUOTE(tunefisch @ Sep 26 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Nice question. I didnt believe it could beep on other computers, but if it can do it it would be ql.
It can't beep other computers.
G1169
Sorry for confusion if there was any... But I ment that Whoever was the "owner" could page someone but no one else can. So if I made someone else the "Owner" it would work for them. Assuming there was confusion I hope I cleared that up.

1: So if I'm playing on this acct(which is owner) and I say .page then my computer would beep and it would say it's message. But if I switched accounts and said .page then it would not say it's message or beep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.