Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SB.net, Trojan?
StealthBot.net > Site-Related > Website Questions and Suggestions
Makuhta
My friend tried to reinstall stealth bot yesterday and he uninstalled it then reinstalled it to fix the BNLS or whatever. As soon as the installation finished he followed the guide to get to his config file on Vista, and the second he opened up the config file, his firewall said something about a trojan blocked from stealthbot.net. I think this is just Vista being paranoid but he is wondering why it said this. If this is true could it have anything to do with the recent hacking by Clan aC? Please look into this and give me an answer.
SlamBliss
Seeing as how aC clearly still has full access to stealthbot.net and stealth has no plans to do ANYTHING about it, I would not download anything from here until we are sure it is safe. As of right now the entire site is still compromised.
MusicDemon
As far as I know there are just 2 mirror. Download it from there.
Makuhta
QUOTE(MusicDemon @ Jul 24 2009, 03:08 PM) *

What?
NeonFlame
Mak, what i'd do is try to send him a version of the bot you have, that you downloaded before this mess, if you can. You would know that's clean.. then if it says there's a trojan, you know it's just vista's paranoia.
idiat

All current "mirrors" are hosted by stealthbot.net. Incidentally, I would be willing to host a mirror, but it doesn't seem like they're accepting applications at this point.
MusicDemon
QUOTE(idiat @ Jul 24 2009, 11:03 PM) *

All current "mirrors" are hosted by stealthbot.net. Incidentally, I would be willing to host a mirror, but it doesn't seem like they're accepting applications at this point.
I think they will soon... I'm able to host it from two LEGAL webhosts.
Sui(C)ide
I will to, if wanted. (Yes, a legal site)
Mega
My copy of InstallSB.exe:
CODE
$ md5sum InstallSB.exe
7b785cdaee7e096c79b44e24fe1818cb  InstallSB.exe

Allegedly trojaned version(mirror 1):
CODE
$ md5sum InstallSB.exe

Allegedly trojaned version(mirror 2):
CODE
$ md5sum InstallSB.exe

The download is not compromised.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.