Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disconnected/IP ban due to flooding
StealthBot.net > StealthBot > Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Projects > SnapNJacks Trivia (ST)
Lava
I have already searched the forums about this. This is due to the trivia plugin(of course)

I have already:

-Taken away the greeting message.
-I didn't have Forward Whispering so... done
-I changed the settings of the plugin so it doesn't blurt random stats.

What can I do? I am getting IP banned an average of 2-3 times for every hour and a half. So in all, I'm loosing 45-60 minutes for every hour and a half.

If anyone has ideas, please post them.

Thanks in advance!
7thAce
Trivia alone will not get you IP banned, unless you have something else.
If that really is the only thing (I somewhat doubt), increase the delay between questions.
Lava
Well, the AutoReconnect Plugin is the only one I have other than the trivia.
7thAce
Do you have a laggy or unstable connection that would cause many messages to be sent at once?
Lava
No, my internet connection is pretty fast. I can be on Xbox live and all four comps in my house before it even "seems" slower...
Sui(C)ide
Change the rate the questions get asked. That's what I did when I only had 1 bot.
Another option is having more than 1 bot and using AwaKening's SharedQ script to divide the messages between the bots.
PhiX
Considering that you're getting IP banned about every 20 minutes, it is most likely not caused by the trivia plugin only -- unless you decreased the ask rate and answer delay settings. There must be other output as well, if not by other plugins, but command usages, etc. So if flooding is an issue for you, use your bot for trivia only and keep other output to a minimum.

Try to increase the above-mentioned settings as explained in the trivia FAQs.
http://www.stealthbot.net/board/index.php?...12827#FAQ_Flood
Lava
I have two bots in the same channel. I pretty much have the trivia only on the second bot. I have a script that types three messages. One message every 10 minutes, one message every 8 minutes, and another message around 4 minutes as well. I use the idle message from the bot as well.

I'll see what I can figure out. Thanks for the information!
PhiX
So the messages you just mentioned are being said by your other bot or the same bot you're running trivia on?
Sui(C)ide
If you're running 2 bots, use this script here to divide the messages between the bots. It worked like a charm for me. Just make sure you put the script in both plugin folders (each bot).

http://www.stealthbot.net/board/index.php?showtopic=42014

Hope this helps.
Lava
I am attempting the sharedq script. I am IP banned ATM so I will inform you in a few minutes.

Replying to Phix: Yes, that is the only script that I am running with the trivia other than the autoreconnect plugin. It has 3 timers which spam one message each through the friends list.

[8:10:04 PM] Error Number: 76 Description: Path not found

That's what I get with the sharedq. Is that right? I did do the /sharedq command and I reloaded it. Same error.
Sui(C)ide
QUOTE(Lava @ Jun 22 2009, 11:11 AM) *

[8:10:04 PM] Error Number: 76 Description: Path not found

That's what I get with the sharedq. Is that right? I did do the /sharedq command and I reloaded it. Same error.

Umm... I think that might be because you've got SB installed in a different spot. Post the filepath to your stealthbot folder.
Lava
C:\Users\KJNowak\Desktop\xxStealthBot

C:\Users\KJNowak\Desktop\StealthBot (AoG)

Both of my folders.
7thAce
Did you change this?
CODE

' SETTINGS

'Location and filename for stored Messages
Private Const sqFile = "C:\Program Files\Stealthbot\sharedQ.txt"

Sui(C)ide
QUOTE(Lava @ Jun 23 2009, 02:23 AM) *

C:\Users\KJNowak\Desktop\xxStealthBot

C:\Users\KJNowak\Desktop\StealthBot (AoG)

Both of my folders.

Change line 28 from..
CODE
Private Const sqFile = "C:\Program Files\Stealthbot\sharedQ.txt"

To...

CODE
Private Const sqFile = "C:\Users\KJNowak\Desktop\xxStealthBot\sharedQ.txt"  

Make sure it's that for BOTH bots.
The-Black-Ninja
So in other words, what 7thAce just asked...
Lava
No errors. So, it must be working somehow..
Sui(C)ide
QUOTE(The-Black-Ninja @ Jun 23 2009, 02:06 PM) *

So in other words, what 7thAce just asked...

Ace didn't tell him what to change it to. I was just making sure the guy knew. >_>
Lava
Okay it works, but now the trivia bot says more commands than the non-trivia bot one. Should I just switch the locations around?
Sui(C)ide
QUOTE(Lava @ Jun 24 2009, 01:51 AM) *

Okay it works, but now the trivia bot says more commands than the non-trivia bot one. Should I just switch the locations around?

Why would you want the bot that isn't for trivia to say more? Then you'd flood out. >_>
Lava
Perhaps you misunderstood. The trivia bot now says more than the other one. Aren't we trying to make the trivia bot say less than it has to?

*Edit* AoG is the trivia bot. Right now we have the location set to the other one

It's been working great. It's solved a lot of problems, but after a while I get this error from one of the bots:

[10:56:11 PM] Timer Call Error On Script: Prefix> sharedq TimerName> check
[10:56:11 PM] Error Number: 70 Description: Permission denied

Anyone have an idea?

bump
The-Black-Ninja
Don't bump.
Sui(C)ide
I'm pretty sure i've got that error once or twice before, but everything has still worked perfectly, so i'd say don't worry too much about it.
Lava
Okay, thanks. It comes up every time one specific message is suppose to show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.