StealthBot.net > StealthBot > Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Projects
Call
Bot To Bot
    Currently i'm thinking of these options:
  • What should the bot connections be.
  • How would more then 2 bot's have commands
  • what should the command be.
  • should it support scripts?
  • should it trigger subs when they trigger on bot#1 to bot#2 ?(could be problems with some scripts then)

All suggestions accepted(will start as soon all these questions are discussed and maybe found a better way to handle the script)
-Call

The-Black-Ninja
What's your ultimate goal with this?
Call
QUOTE(The-Black-Ninja @ Apr 24 2009, 09:02 AM) *

What's your ultimate goal with this?

i got some free time and i decided to make this to help other scripters to make simple scripts using this to throw the data to the other bot(s) smile.gif
The-Black-Ninja
No no, I mean, what sort of stuff will two bots be doing? Are they talking to each other in any way or...?
Call
QUOTE(The-Black-Ninja @ Apr 24 2009, 09:06 AM) *

No no, I mean, what sort of stuff will two bots be doing? Are they talking to each other in any way or...?

they give all information about them so the other bots know what that bot is doing and then the scripts can handle all thats sent back and forward, example if a user joins the channel the other bot know it, it wont trigger the join sub but it will trigger some custom subs maybe. (still thinking about this one)
Snap
Hmm, I think I'll cleanup my DQD code and release it tomorrow as-is. You might find some of it's methods helpful.
Call
New idea for the database its going to be a mdb(sql) on selected location where all bots connect and where they will have a row each where there bot name is in lower case, and they will have splitted so they only see the rows with there bot name, so the messages will be in another row. smile.gif

CODE
Sub Event_PressedEnter(Text)
   Execute("Call BTB_PressedEnter(" & Text & ")")
End Sub

Sub BTB_PressedEnter(Text)

end sub

wont trigger in other scripts. :/ any help?
The-Black-Ninja
That's exactly what my queue share system does; common database that gets divided between the bots and each bot takes a message in the order the messages arrived. I don't have it like what you're doing though, I have it something like this:
CODE
Set aa = .Execute("SELECT * FROM `queue` WHERE `name` = 'Ninja-Security'")
Do Until aa.EOF
   Dsp aa.Fields(1), aa.Fields(2), aa.Fields(3), vbGreen
   aa.MoveNext
Loop

It's actually nice how I set it up because instead of just making the first half of the DB one bot and the other half the other bot, they alternate Scout , Security, Scout, Security. That way, the lag is reduced as much as possible and the next message won't fire until the previous bot has sent its message.
Faedrik
I've done something similar to that, The-Black-Ninja, how often do you have the bot checking the database for a new queue to output?
The-Black-Ninja
Every second, each bot checks the database. I've also maintained the priority of each command; bans and kicks are not sent to the database because since those are internal commands, they get moved to the top of the queue regardless of what you do.

If I decide I need to do something like: AddQ "Test", 50 and so forth, the database will re-arrange according to priority first, then once all the higher priority messages are gone, the database will start to re-arrange normally as I described above.
Call
QUOTE(The-Black-Ninja @ Apr 24 2009, 06:33 PM) *

Every second, each bot checks the database. I've also maintained the priority of each command; bans and kicks are not sent to the database because since those are internal commands, they get moved to the top of the queue regardless of what you do.

If I decide I need to do something like: AddQ "Test", 50 and so forth, the database will re-arrange according to priority first, then once all the higher priority messages are gone, the database will start to re-arrange normally as I described above.

so ninja you already made this or (didn't get quite what u posted in the last one)
The-Black-Ninja
No I made this one already. I stopped for a while, but I finished it about 4 or 5 weeks ago during some downtime from school and the AGP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.