Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plugin Authors
StealthBot.net > StealthBot > Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Projects > Custom Command Xystem (CCX)
Snap
Plugin Authors:
I just finished some documentation regarding Add-On support for the CCX plugin.
http://snapnjacks.com/CCXDoc.php#AddOn
I explain the 3 main features to interact with CCX.

Registering a function.
Using the RunCC Sub.
Using the CCX Parser.

Using the CCX Parser can make your plugin a lot more customizable to users.
For example, if you have some message that uses variables that can be modified in a settings file (Like BCP, SnapNJacks, AGP{When it comes out}) you could use the CCX Parser to allow them tons more options and flexibility.
Don't worry about the complexity - as it's only as complex as the user wants it to be - and the documentation to CCX code is going to be heavy.

For example;
If I implemented ccx.parsefunctions in SnapNJacks QFormat (Something almost everyone uses)
A Normal QFormat entry is something like: "%id (%ct) %vl: %q"
With CCX Parsing the user could do %ucase(%q) to make the entire question uppercase. Or use %if, %var and %rand functions to do random/dynamic things. - They could even do something like:
"Question: %q %setvar(CurrentQ,%q)"
And add a CC: !addcc CurrentQuestion 20 Current Trivia Question: %var(CurrentQ)
!CurrentQuestion - and the bot repeats the current question.

CCX can bind together all the plugins and custom commands a StealthBot user uses, creating a personalized feel and allowing impressive ingenuity. - Graying the line between Plugins and Custom Commands - linking one plugin to another in a simple/powerful - open to the general stealthbot user environment.
This is CCX's goal.

It's really, really cool - and I hope you consider interfacing with CCX with your future plugins and updates to your plugins. - I do.

If you have any questions or suggestions about interacting with the CCX plugin, please post here.

P.S. CCX isn't very popular right now* - but in 2.7 it will be replacing the Custom Command system - interacting with this plugin will not be waisted. (There was a plan to include CCX with the 2.7 Installation - not sure if that's still the case - but any user that uses custom commands will need this plugin)

*(That is if you call 1,300 people using it not very popular ohmy.gif)
PhiX
QUOTE(Snap @ Mar 7 2009, 09:50 AM) *
P.S. CCX isn't very popular right now* - but in 2.7 it will be replacing the Custom Command system - interacting with this plugin will not be waisted. (There was a plan to include CCX with the 2.7 Installation - not sure if that's still the case - but any user that uses custom commands will need this plugin)
All v2.6R3 features, that have been replaced by plugins in the new version, will be installed with the bot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.