Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MySQL/PHP System
StealthBot.net > StealthBot > Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Projects
AbsoluteMSTR
What I'm doing with this Plugin

What I have Done
  • This bot will not use the stealtbot's built-in commands, so a different trigger will be used
  • This bot will store everything in MySQL
  • Clan System, with vouch, promote, demote
  • Definitions. like I say dota?, and bot will respond with DotA = Defense of the Ancients
  • Custom Commands
  • Seen Script
  • Moderation commands, kick, ban
  • Page Bot Owner by making annoying PC sounds
  • Profiles, Add your personal info, like AIM, YAhoo, email, etc

TODO:
  • PHP will be used to do complicated stuff with some complicated caculations
  • PHPBB forums integration, Tell Stealtbot to create an account for you
  • Post Topics from bot, etc...
  • Replace SB's Mail function
  • Emailing
  • League System for DotA

Um for the DotA League Script, I need help on figuring out how to balance teams.

I would post my code with what i got, but its very sloppy and crudely coded

Right now im going finish up the mail function and then start working on the the DotA League System

Looking developers that can help
Reason
I'd like to help on this. I know most of PHP, and this looks interesting.
riffruff
I am creating something similar to this -- although it is integrated with IPB forums -- not PhpBB.
MrPunkKid
Um i did something according to this concept but it wasn't necessarily php coded or anything like that, it was just a forum/message board concept that works all internally on your bot's plugin system through your channel. It didn't do anything that would send the stuff over an inet object or anything like that, it was just a regular forum integrated into your bot. Heres an attachment:

View here:

All instructions are included in the script, just read the top part.

Click to view attachment

AbsoluteMSTR
QUOTE(riffruff @ Mar 30 2008, 11:44 AM) *

I am creating something similar to this -- although it is integrated with IPB forums -- not PhpBB.

riffruff i never finalized on what forum i wanted to intergrate too. i can do IPB since i do like it more then PHPBB.

want to help out?

I kind of ran into a road block for the league script. which is in the planning stage. I haven't figured out how im going to incorporate balanced teams. I was think of using the ELO ranking, but its not well designed for random balanced teams. I need something that can rate someones strength.
Also need help on creating a rank system by level. kind of like tft ladder that is lvl 1 to 50. If anyones a expert on that part, it would help. I also got a friend who will do the php, but he wants me to design the style. i can php code fyi really good, hes just faster at it.

also if anyone wants to see my bot in action, contact me via IM. Just check my profile for that info
Hero.A
GOD FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok- End of being pissed

I wrote a shitload of code for you that would show how you can balance teams and my fucking battery died.

Well i'll just tell you what it did

Put all the players in an array. Get the exp of each player and find the average. Then store the ones over the average in 1 array. The ones below on another array. Then you do an every other thing. team1 = 3 from array #1 2 from array #2 team2 = 2 from array #1 3 from array #2.

It takes a whole bunch of For i = x To x

I will rewrite one part quick - It should work. I am too lazy to rewrite all of that other code so I hope this much helps.

CODE

'st1 = "Array#1"
'st2 = "Array#2"
'All the arrays start at 1
'st1 and st2 go from 1 - 5

For i = 1 To 3
  If i < 3 Then
    team1(i) = st1(i)
    team1(i+1) = st2(i)
  Else
    team1(i) = st1(i)
  End If
Next

For i = 1 To 3
  If i > 1 Then
    team2(i) = st1(i+2)
    team2(i) = st2(i+2)
  Else
    team2(i) = st2(i)
  End If
Next

AbsoluteMSTR
well exp isn't a way of measuring strength and sorry for you doing all that in code. Theory would be good enough. If anyone can provide a theory of how it should be done would be fine enough.

If anyone wants to help out, you can just provide theory. Coding is a snap for me.
HearthCore
Comparing "exp" with the win loss ration would work i guess.

allthough i dont know in WHICH comparison *g*
AbsoluteMSTR
im trying to use something like the chess rating
The-Black-Ninja
Are you just looking for a formula? I can give you an example of the formulas we use in school for the strength of a material, say a wood column. The formula has a bunch of factors in there that will ultimately bring the strength value up or down depending on those conditional factors.
AbsoluteMSTR
Woods strength? How could that work with calculating a players strength.

I was think of using the ELO Rating, but I'm not familiar with it. Someone maybe help me with the ELO Rating. ELO is what blizzard uses for its games.

I was think of using the ELO Rating, but I'm not familiar with it. Someone maybe help me with the ELO Rating. Woods strength? How could that work with calculating a players strength. ELO is what blizzard uses for its games.

Redeveloping this for SB 2.7 now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.