Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flags
StealthBot.net > StealthBot > Scripting and Plugins
dbzgt-ss3vegeto
which flags actually work and what do they do
adam591
Read the stealthbot readme or better yet, here (Move this topic plz)

Using Flags and Custom Access Requirements

StealthBot features a powerful flag-based access system, in addition to its default numeric one. The flag system allows you to customize flags, and perform additional desired functions using flags instead of numeric access. To begin, there are six hardcoded flags. They are as follows:

Letter Full Name Description
A Admin Admins have full access to all the bot's commands. The 'A' flag is equivalent to having access 100.
B Banned Users with flags of 'B' are shitlisted -- they will be banned upon entry to the channel.
D Designated Users with flags of 'D' will be automatically designated, if nobody else is. This includes times in which the currently designated user leaves the channel. In version 2.25, the D flag will automatically GIVE OPS to the flagged user. Use with caution!
L Locked The access and flags of users with 'L' as part of their flags cannot be modified except by someone with 'A' flags or 100+ access. This effectively "locks" the user's access so that those with less than master-access cannot modify it.
S Safelisted Users with flags of 'S' are considered part of the Safelist.
Z Tagbanned Tags can be added with flags of 'Z', which functions equivalently to tagbanning the tag.

In addition to the six hardcoded flags, the bot's owner (you!) can use the 'access.ini' file to make flags of your own. I've included a sample access.ini file, it is located in your StealthBot directory and shows you how to assign flags to commands. Basically it works like this:

1. I'm recruiting someone to join my clan. They want to talk with the bot, such as use the .say command. I don't want to give them 50 access because they can do other things.
2. I open flags.ini and make a new line. On that line, I put the command word I'm trying to give them access for: "say", then an equal sign "=", then any flag letters I want to assign to the command. "T".
3. The line now reads say=t. (Caps don't matter.)
4. I can now give my recruit access 'T', and they can ONLY use commands which are assigned to the 'T' flag. In this case, the only command I've assigned to 'T' is "say", so they can use .say only.

(You can assign as many flags as you want to a command.)

The flag system allows you to create a completely different command rank structure to suit your needs. smile.gif

Since version 2.3, access.ini has been expanded to include customizable access levels!
Here's the new format of access.ini:

[Flags]
command=flags
command=flags

[Numeric]
command=requiredAccess
command=requiredAccess

For example, if I want to make the Kick command require only 50 access, I would add the following line under [Numeric]:

kick=50

The kick command would then require only 50 access to use.
You can completely disable commands by setting their required access over 1000. Be sure to add only numbers after the equals sign, or the command will require access 0.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.