IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feature Requests + Known Issues, August 15, 2009 Updated
IAreConnection
post Jul 1 2009, 03:19 AM
Post #1

<3

Group: Sr. Members
Member No.: 4,637

Feature Requests

I am compiling a list of feature requests formally posted by users of BCP 2.0. This will include configuration changes/additions, translations (with source), functionality changes and useful commands.

If your post/topic is accepted it will be updated and added here and when it is added to a new version, it will go to the bottom under "completed". Meanwhile, if your idea is approved it will remain here with a status.

Color Codes & Status
  • Completed & Added
  • Pending, being added/worked on
  • Pending, requires more information
  • Declined, idea disapproved by users
  • Declined, feature not acceptable in current draft
Format
* You may reply in this topic in the following format or something similar (blatantly not following it will get it removed):
CODE
Introduction

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Reasoning:[/b]

More information/reasoning...

Optionally, you may post in the forum for larger requests. Please label your post appropriately with "[REQUEST]" tags.

Examples
Request for the top command in acceptable format:
Hello, I would like to request a feature addition for a command that displays the players with the most runs in order.

Name: .top
Type: Command
Description: Returns the top 3/5/10 players on the bot for view with their games.
Reasoning: This command is useful for determining who is running more games on the bot compared to others in my channel. This would be a good additional feature because it is helpful and would work well with other things in the script such as ".getinfo".

Request for the Spanish translation:
Hello, I would like to request that Spanish be supported for translations.

Name: Spanish Translation
Type: Translation

When a friend joins a game it sends a message like this:
Tu amigo USERNAME ha entrado en una partida PRODUCT llamada GAMENAME.

When a friend exits it sends a message like this:
Tu amigo USERNAME ha salido de Battle.net

List of Features/Issues & Status
%gametime variable fixed
Description: The %gametime string variable does not work as it is meant to be placed
Finished: 3.0.4

Game Message Delay
Description: Gives a short delay when announcing games to prevent automation

Profile Coloring
Description: Add the option to colorize the bot's profile

French Translation
Description: Add French translations back
Finished: July 30th, 2009

Chinese Translation
Description: Add Mandarin as a translation
Required: Someone who has a mandarin client who can provide a translation

Italian Translation
Description: Add Italian as a translation
Required: Someone who has an italian client who can provide a translation

This post has been edited by IAreConnection: Aug 15 2009, 07:56 AM

--------------------
VBScript or Toshley @ Azeroth
Stuff: BCP 2.0 Website
, PyBot, JBLS Server Status
BCP User Forum <-- don't pm me, post there

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
postmortemcowboy
post Jul 10 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,279

Evenin' IAre, I have two requests actually, #1 a request to add a time stamp onto the .games command so that anyone typing that command can see if the game just started or is almost over. #2 And I'm not sure it can be done or not but i'll request it anyhow, also in the .games command is it possible to stamp it with how many characters are currently in the game, which would keep people from attempting to enter full games.

Name: .games
Type: command
Desc: Addition to .games that would return game length in seconds or minutes and seconds.
Reasoning: Will show users whether or not the game is new and worth getting into or just about over and wait for the next run, also assists with not going in/out of games and getting restricted if a game is nearly over.

Ex.

3 Games:[captainbaal-89 by captain_rs (run #187.) 4m 22s ] [Tbaal-04 by Toobs (run #55.) 0m 22s ][ rancidbaal-84by spinthis (run #277.) 1m 22s ]

obviously the captain run is almost over, no need to jump into it, however Toobs' run just started.

Desc: Addition to .games that would stamp how many characters are currently in the game. IE no sense wasting time to get into a game that's already full

Ex.

3 Games:[captainbaal-89 by captain_rs (run #187.) 4m 22s 8 Characters ] [Tbaal-04 by Toobs (run #55.) 0m 22s 1 Character ][ rancidbaal-84by spinthis (run #277.) 1m 22s 4 Characters ]

from this information we can see that captains game is full, however Toobs' game just started (since we see time of game length) and that he's the only one in his game so we can jump inot that one and catch a full baal run.

thanks for allowing me to add my two bits, i'm no programmer and wouldn't know how to go about doing this but seems like it'd be something helpful/useful when people are looking for games to get into.

Cowboy.

--------------------
IPB Image
OP BROTHERS
Players: 26
Games: 24806
Game Avg: 954
Time Total: 11w 4d 17h 48m 14s
Time Avg: 10m 42s
Level Avg: 85

Top 5 Players
captain-1 (9415 runs)
rancidone (3453 runs)
x-GfG-x (2002 runs)
captain-2 (1758 runs)
touchofdeath (1492 runs)
sincerelokay (1396 runs)
+Quote Post
Luc
post Jul 15 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 41,997

Hi i would like that the french language be suported, i mean u guys support polish and german but not french, that made me lol

lucas

thanks !
+Quote Post
PhiX
post Jul 16 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #4

Notice the ownage.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 16,204

Read the guidelines for requests ...

And I already explained to you why French wasn't supported anymore.

--------------------
PhiX
--------------------
I do not provide support via PM or IM, please use the forums.
SBs Help Tool - Please only double click my name if I told you to do so.
--------------------

Whore of Clan BoT

JBLS: phix.no-ip.org (click for stats) IPB Image
--------------------
QUOTE(Clan BoT)
[20:33:50.063] <[email protected]> I'm not showing any respect to a bunch of script kiddie faggots.
+Quote Post
IAreConnection
post Jul 30 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #5

<3

QUOTE(postmortemcowboy @ Jul 11 2009, 01:34 AM) *

Desc: Addition to .games that would return game length in seconds or minutes and seconds.
Reasoning: Will show users whether or not the game is new and worth getting into or just about over and wait for the next run, also assists with not going in/out of games and getting restricted if a game is nearly over.

Desc: Addition to .games that would stamp how many characters are currently in the game. IE no sense wasting time to get into a game that's already full

You can do the first request already, please read this help topic.

The second request isn't possible because the bot never actually joins games and having the runner tell the bot is resource consuming and inaccurate/annoying.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
RayneFire
post Aug 1 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #6

Rookie

Member No.: 38,949

First off let me say. I am new to the replying on the forum. I normally find what I need or figure it out myself. So if this is in the wrong spot. I apologize...

The older version of BCP there was a color script(I guess it was part of the script) Where Each run-#runs had a different color. I read somewhere earlier.. about how there is not one now but will be in the next version. I looked for about 2 hours. Maybe I am just sleep deprived. Is there no way to get it back manually? If not Please think about adding it in the next version...

Thanks in advance........
+Quote Post
IAreConnection
post Aug 4 2009, 04:24 AM
Post #7

<3

QUOTE(RayneFire @ Aug 1 2009, 10:36 AM) *

First off let me say. I am new to the replying on the forum. I normally find what I need or figure it out myself. So if this is in the wrong spot. I apologize...

The older version of BCP there was a color script(I guess it was part of the script) Where Each run-#runs had a different color. I read somewhere earlier.. about how there is not one now but will be in the next version. I looked for about 2 hours. Maybe I am just sleep deprived. Is there no way to get it back manually? If not Please think about adding it in the next version...

Thanks in advance........

If you're talking about profile color, no it is not in the new version and yes I know its an old request.

No one really bothered to complain until now, so i'll add it in the next release.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Stephen
post Aug 21 2009, 05:49 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,612

Hello, I would like to request a feature addition for a command that removes inactive runners who haven't ran in "XX" days.

Name: .inactive
Type: Command
Description: Could give you the option of how many days inactive users will be removed. Give you a "ARE YOU SURE?" comfirm.
Reasoning: This command is useful for determining how many people are inactive, how long the inactive people don't run will be removed.
+Quote Post
Kimura
post Aug 23 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 51,326

Hi there,
id like to request the feature of teamrunning.

Name: Team-Running

Type: Additional feature/option

Description: The idea is to allow more than 1 player per game to be tracked in the runners list. To prevent spam there maybe could be added an option to announce only one game in a specific amount of time (if the same gamename appears several times to be announced).

Reasoning: Im running a chan in D2 CL and all members love to compete in the top runners list. Unfortunately it only tracks the first player logged in to the bot who joins a game (usually the creator himself). Or the first two players if they use different clients (e.g. Eng & Ger).

I totally have no clue of coding so im not even sure if it is possible to implement these features...

Thank u for ur time !
+Quote Post
midge9826
post Aug 26 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 53,892

im using the latest bcp, 2.0.3 open beta.
when ever i enter a game whilst logged into stealth bot. i get a msg saying. That character is not logged on. Try using *username to message a user or [email protected] to message a character in a different realm.
then the bot writes *Acc name has logged off battle net.

can any1 help me to resolve this problem?
+Quote Post
PhiX
post Aug 27 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #11

Notice the ownage.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 16,204

Disable or uninstall the ULM plugin as BCP has nothing to do with that message whatsoever. And next time make your own topic please.

--------------------
PhiX
--------------------
I do not provide support via PM or IM, please use the forums.
SBs Help Tool - Please only double click my name if I told you to do so.
--------------------

Whore of Clan BoT

JBLS: phix.no-ip.org (click for stats) IPB Image
--------------------
QUOTE(Clan BoT)
[20:33:50.063] <[email protected]> I'm not showing any respect to a bunch of script kiddie faggots.
+Quote Post
mechy
post Sep 4 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #12

Rookie

Member No.: 54,149

Not sure if this is the place to post this but I noticed with the bcp 2.0.3, when I run on an account with a dot at the end of it, once the bot is relogged on, it erases it from the database (from the bot profile and bcpeval doesnt see it) but there is still the file in bcp_users folder. Is this a known issue or something? The file name in the users folder has 2 dots because of the acct name + .user so like acct..user, does this affect it? Is there a way to make it keep this in the database?

Edit:
Ok I figured out the problem. The script deletes any user from the bnet database if their account is 3 characters long. Is there a way to change the account length in the script? If so, what code needs to be fixed?

This post has been edited by mechy: Sep 4 2009, 08:58 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 06:09 AM
Skin by Andrea
Website Legal Information | Hosted by LunarPages