IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clan Ranks Script
riffruff
post Aug 14 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #1

I riffruff

Group: Sr. Members
Member No.: 278

I'm making a clan ranks script using a MySQL database.

Looking for around 2 people that meet the following criteria:

1. Basic knowledge with MySQL queries.
2. Moderate to Advanced knowledge of VBs.
3. Determined to make a project like this.
4. Won't quit till it's finished.

I have a basic version made, which simply interacts with the database, runs a few queries, and then waits. Looking for some people to help with the rest!

This post has been edited by riffruff: Aug 16 2007, 10:48 PM

--------------------
What you should tell your girlfriend...
ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

Women, learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

http://riffruff.mybrute.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
#define
post Aug 14 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #2

Catastrophic failure

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,228

What exactly do you mean by clan ranks though. Made up ones like CRS or real ranks that deal with ladder, or none of the above?

--------------------
IPB Image
AIM: segfaultcritical
Please don't PM me with tech support questions issues, that is what the forum is for.
+Quote Post
riffruff
post Aug 14 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #3

I riffruff

Similar to CRS that Swent made, but more features, easier to install, easily usable by multiple bots, integrable into a PHP + MySQL website, etc.

--------------------
ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

Women, learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

+Quote Post
raylu
post Aug 15 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #4

Ultimate spammer.

Member No.: 20

Most webhosts don't allow external access to their MySQL dbs.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
riffruff
post Aug 15 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #5

I riffruff

QUOTE(raylu @ Aug 15 2007, 03:15 PM) *

Mine does. Simply add the host and then you can get on.

This post has been edited by riffruff: Aug 15 2007, 01:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Devil Wears Prada
post Aug 15 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #6

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 26,513

i already got this kind of scripts u r looking for, dota ladder system & the ones i got is very private no one got them & u probably heared about them the ones that is made by a very pro guy on MIRC, don't wana say names or anything so i don't make a big deal out of it.

but i can't think of any reason why to share with u & save u all this time working on them thats if even u got them right....

whats in it for me.

--------------------
Put your hands up, Put your hands up, Put your hands up for DETROIT.... I LOVE THIS CITY
+Quote Post
Sauros
post Aug 16 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #7

Peace

Member No.: 14,366

QUOTE(riffruff @ Aug 15 2007, 02:27 PM) *

I have had several different webhosts through the years, none have ever allowed external MySQL access.

I like the idea though, I would love for it to work as it would be useful to me...if my host would allow it...

--------------------
That which has brought us peace has the greatest potential to destroy all that we hold sacred
+Quote Post
riffruff
post Aug 16 2007, 07:58 AM
Post #8

I riffruff

QUOTE(Sauros @ Aug 16 2007, 02:50 AM) *

QUOTE(riffruff @ Aug 15 2007, 02:27 PM) *

I have had several different webhosts through the years, none have ever allowed external MySQL access.

I like the idea though, I would love for it to work as it would be useful to me...if my host would allow it...

Have you asked your host??

For me, the script will generate an error on first run...It'll say access denied for user [email protected] I add whateveryouripis to the access hosts while within CPanel, and then I can remotely connect to the mysql.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sauros
post Aug 16 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #9

Peace

Member No.: 14,366

QUOTE(riffruff @ Aug 16 2007, 08:58 AM) *

No and I am not going to.
I hate dealing with webhosts and their damn tech support fuckers.

Yes I am bitter.

They piss me off.

--------------------
That which has brought us peace has the greatest potential to destroy all that we hold sacred
+Quote Post
riffruff
post Aug 16 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #10

I riffruff

QUOTE(Sauros @ Aug 17 2007, 01:00 AM) *

QUOTE(riffruff @ Aug 16 2007, 08:58 AM) *

No and I am not going to.
I hate dealing with webhosts and their damn tech support fuckers.

Yes I am bitter.

They piss me off.

Eh. I have no problems with mine. They are speedy (I submit a ticket, and usually get a response no later than an hour later), and they fix my problems...

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoyaL
post Aug 17 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #11

Find me in CLan FuSe @west

Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,185

QUOTE(Nethouse @ Aug 15 2007, 04:20 PM) *

i already got this kind of scripts u r looking for, dota ladder system & the ones i got is very private no one got them & u probably heared about them the ones that is made by a very pro guy on MIRC, don't wana say names or anything so i don't make a big deal out of it.

but i can't think of any reason why to share with u & save u all this time working on them thats if even u got them right....

whats in it for me.

Wow. I have already seen requests made by you for scripting/Plugins. If you use stealth, you owe these guys something already. They are the beta-testers and helpers of Stealth. The guys That WORK on the bot you use, yet dont appreciate. Are you ungrateful to the people who worked to help make stealth all it is now and all it will be?

Was this not you?
QUOTE(Nethouse @ Aug 2 2007, 07:00 PM) *

hi everybody.

i apreciate the help that all of u give to us for free & helping us makeing this plugins.

again i am asking for ur help & i would be rlly thankful if u can help me.

i need a Plugin that KICKS users who use CAPS LOCK

i know there is option at stealthbot for that but i don't want the one at stealthbot cos it got runtime error also it kicks ppl for caps Easly.

i need a good one that can tell the diffrance between a user who says NOOB OMG WTF LOOOOOOOOL & another user who says biggrin.gif they r both contain caps but first one is spam second one is a smiley face.

stealthbot kicks for both, i don't want that, i want a well done made KICK on YELL Plugin.

thx alot guys, that should be easy job for u compared to all the great work u have done guys.

Greetz

And then Snap replied with...

QUOTE(Snap @ Aug 13 2007, 10:13 PM) *

CODE
<pre>'caps
'1.0

Private Const caps_limit = 10    '// Number of capital letters allowed in a message

Sub caps_Event_UserTalk(Username, Flags, Message, Ping)
Dim i, s, j
   j = 0
   For i=1 to Len(Message)
      s = Mid(Message,i,1)
      '//Is it a capitol _LETTER_ ?
      If s = UCase(s) AND Ucase(s) <> Lcase(s) Then
         j=j+1
      End If
   Next
   If j > caps_limit Then
      Command BotVars.Username, "/kick " & Username & " Please don't yell in the channel.", True
   End If
End Sub</pre>

~Fixed to count only letters, instead of counting all symbols as uppercase.

He didnt seem to ask what was in it for him... and he actually had to PUT IN WORK.

Holy shit.. YOU again..

QUOTE(Nethouse @ Jul 28 2007, 10:36 AM) *

i apreciate all the scripters who give us there time & work for free, helping us with our Scripts creation requests.

-------------------------------------

i need a Plugin that does the following.

if channel got full to 39 user then bot kicks idle users for xxx amount of time but the diffrance i don't want bot to kick all the idle users for this xxx time, i need it to kick the specific number of users i decide it to.

lets say channel get to 39 users and there is 10 users idle for xxx amount of time so bot only kicks 5 idle users of them & if it get to 39 users again it starts to kick another 5 idle users for the xxx amount of time i set it to & so on.

i need to be able to change the amount of time that bot makes this user idle for, also to change the amount of users in channel that bot starts kicking idle users for, also change the amount of idlers that bot kick from channel if it reached the users limit i chosed it for.

thx for all ur help guys.

And Jack didnt ask for any reimbursement for his time...

QUOTE(Jack @ Jul 28 2007, 03:08 PM) *

CODE
<pre>'idlek
'0.1

Private Const max_amount_of_users = 5
Private Const time_of_idle = 300 'seconds
Private Const amount_of_users_before_kick = 7
Private Const kick_message = "idle kick."

Sub idlek_Event_Load

End Sub

Sub idlek_Event_UserJoins(Username, Flags, Message, Ping, Product, Level, OriginalStatString)

If GetInternalUserCount() => amount_of_users_before_kick Then
      For i = 1 To GetInternalUserCount()
         If GetInternalData(i, 7) > time_of_idle Then
            If Not (GetInternalData(i, 1) And 2) Then
               c = c + 1
               Call BanKickUnban(GetNameByPosition(i) & Space(1) & kick_message, 999, 1)
            Else
            End if
         End If
         If c = max_amount_of_users Then Exit Sub
      Next
   End If
End Sub</pre>

This *would* work if Stealth didn't mess up so badly on GetInternalData functions.

Let's see.. any more...?

Ops.. YOU AGAIN

QUOTE(Nethouse @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) *

i got this shitlist system but for some reason it doesn't seem to work, i have edited some stuff in it added the /me so the msges appear in gray instead of white, didn't get any errors or anything seems to be fine but it seems to be that the bot doesn't read it at all, i didn't disable the standard shitlist commands, that doesn't matter in anything, it will only give me 2 commands for shitlist ppl 1 with the standard system & 1 with this system.

the commands for this system should be

shitadd = shitlist a user & u can write a reason

shitdel = shitdel the user from the shitlist

shitcheck = shows u if this user is shitlisted & the reason for shitlist

it wasn't a plugin but my bot said do u want to turn it to a plugin i said yes etc, so maybe it screwed it up or something, fix it plz someone.

Greetz

I mean, each time you make a big deal to show how much you appreciate their help. But now would be the good time to show it by helping them out.

Thanx.

Sorry for this explosion, this is just a peeve of mine. T.T

This post has been edited by Chris!: Aug 17 2007, 04:20 PM

--------------------

QUOTE(Warchamp7 @ May 16 2008, 08:38 PM) *
You should mark this topic as resolved. If I did not receive a satisfactory response, I will reply and provide as much detail as possible.
+Quote Post
riffruff
post Aug 17 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #12

I riffruff

I tend to ignore people like that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
#define
post Aug 20 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #13

Catastrophic failure

The best part is he didn't even write the code he is referring to, he just leeches off everyone and then acts like he wants something out of it to share other people's work.

I would be willing to bet RiffRuff wouldn't use his code even if he posted it smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Please don't PM me with tech support questions issues, that is what the forum is for.
+Quote Post
riffruff
post Aug 20 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #14

I riffruff

QUOTE(#define @ Aug 20 2007, 02:20 PM) *

I would be willing to bet RiffRuff wouldn't use his code even if he posted it smile.gif

It's easier to just write my own code..

This post has been edited by riffruff: Aug 20 2007, 12:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Devil Wears Prada
post Aug 21 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #15

just to reply back to define, to make my point clear, itsn't that i don't wana share it but this scripts toke about 6 months of hard work to get them done.

and only authrized for 3 clans to use them & the 3 clans that are useing them all under big great leadership.

don't take me that i don't want to help u infact i would like to help u but the problem is that i can't paste the scripts i got cos the r rlly complicted ones & toke shit load of work.

as a regret for the miss understanding of what i said, i am willing to make a topic of my own paste pretty good ladder scripts, not like the ones i got but the r rlly better than anything out there in the market or reachable by anyone.

no one got them at all & they are rlly good, just some admin need to confirm this for me & tell me where shall i make this post & i need my topic to become sticky or announce so no one steal credit for the scripts.

and so i can give my full support for any questions that ppl need.

hopefully admins discuss it & if they agree let me know, i am gnna check this topic later on.

--------------------
Put your hands up, Put your hands up, Put your hands up for DETROIT.... I LOVE THIS CITY
+Quote Post
#define
post Aug 21 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #16

Catastrophic failure

@Devil
I was under the impression that you were not a scripter and that you have someone else's scripts. Am I right?

Also, what scripts do you have that would be better then anything on here? As far as ladder scripts go, most everything has been posted on here at one time or another.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
AwaKening
post Aug 21 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #17

Don't u know who I am

Member No.: 275

Uhem, caps mostly my code with a line from Snap. dry.gif

Back on subject; that was a horrible comment Devil. You probably should have just kept that info to yourself instead of rubbing it in.

--------------------
Rival Nations Reborn Map Creator

Clan RnR.com
If you're looking for a "REAL" dota league script, aim or pm me.
+Quote Post
IAreConnection
post Aug 22 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #18

<3

Member No.: 4,637

QUOTE(The Devil Wears Prada @ Aug 21 2007, 11:50 PM) *

just to reply back to define, to make my point clear, itsn't that i don't wana share it but this scripts toke about 6 months of hard work to get them done.

and only authrized for 3 clans to use them & the 3 clans that are useing them all under big great leadership.

don't take me that i don't want to help u infact i would like to help u but the problem is that i can't paste the scripts i got cos the r rlly complicted ones & toke shit load of work.

as a regret for the miss understanding of what i said, i am willing to make a topic of my own paste pretty good ladder scripts, not like the ones i got but the r rlly better than anything out there in the market or reachable by anyone.

no one got them at all & they are rlly good, just some admin need to confirm this for me & tell me where shall i make this post & i need my topic to become sticky or announce so no one steal credit for the scripts.

and so i can give my full support for any questions that ppl need.

hopefully admins discuss it & if they agree let me know, i am gnna check this topic later on.

Bold#1: So why are you asking for simple scripts if you're so good at making awesome ones? There are at least 3 scripts capable of sorting league teams and getting them together, you're just posting to look good.

Bold#2: Then how come we've never seen them?

Bold#3: Chances are, its not that good. StealthBot is so awesome, but it isn't capable of being a TDA Bot. This was just a "bullshit backup" because you're getting flamed for being an idiot.

Bold#4: You mean like you are by posting them, when you clearly (from my view of your understanding of vbscript) didn't write them?

With that being said, the community writes scripts for FREE (most of the time). Some people post the best, others prefer to keep to themselves. The contributers to this post are trying to get a good project going for the community, and yet you post here and brag about how good "your" scripts are.

I'm sorry, but I had to say that. smile.gif

--------------------
VBScript or Toshley @ Azeroth
Stuff: BCP 2.0 Website
, PyBot, JBLS Server Status
BCP User Forum <-- don't pm me, post there

IPB Image
+Quote Post
The Devil Wears Prada
post Aug 22 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #19

and i am srry for what i am gnna say now cos i am gnna wash u from top to bottom.

who do u think u r to speak to me that way & if u toke some time to read the topic, i am not the topic started & i didn't post for anyone to give me help in any scripts like that, i said i got good scripts that i can post to help u.

third the reason u haven't seen this scripts cos maybe u r not known, u don't got a big league with 2 channels 24/7 opened, u don't got 4 sponsors paying for ur material stuff, u don't got a website .com / you don't got a ventrilo server that can support over 200 ppl, u don't give money & prizes for top 5 ranks on ur ladder system at ur channel.

is that enough for u, nah i am not satisfied yet, i am just getting started.

you don't got all what i said above while i do & thats why i got them & u don't & thats also why u fucked things up for u & u aren't getting this scripts over my dead body, keep ur dream up with j3m plugins, no offence to j3m i respect him alot & i knew him but the ones i got is much better than u can imagine.

i am out of this topic, gl with ur post.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Snap
post Aug 22 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #20

The following post is supplementry information

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 31

Along with all those things, you also have a Warn! You have sooo much stuff! Yay you!

@riffruff You're free to make another topic here, I'll trash this accordingly - Or I can clean this one up. Up to you- PM me.

This post has been edited by Snap: Aug 22 2007, 05:35 PM

--------------------
~Life is all busy and stuff right now. - Car accident, lots of dr. appointments... Other stuff too. I still <3 StealthBot.net - - I'll be around.
Thinking about PMing me? Post it instead! CCX Forums | SnapNJacks Trivia Forums
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RoNiN
post Aug 22 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #21

boop

Member No.: 235

QUOTE(The Devil Wears Prada @ Aug 22 2007, 04:50 PM) *

and i am srry for what i am gnna say now cos i am gnna wash u from top to bottom.

who do u think u r to speak to me that way & if u toke some time to read the topic, i am not the topic started & i didn't post for anyone to give me help in any scripts like that, i said i got good scripts that i can post to help u.

third the reason u haven't seen this scripts cos maybe u r not known, u don't got a big league with 2 channels 24/7 opened, u don't got 4 sponsors paying for ur material stuff, u don't got a website .com / you don't got a ventrilo server that can support over 200 ppl, u don't give money & prizes for top 5 ranks on ur ladder system at ur channel.

is that enough for u, nah i am not satisfied yet, i am just getting started.

you don't got all what i said above while i do & thats why i got them & u don't & thats also why u fucked things up for u & u aren't getting this scripts over my dead body, keep ur dream up with j3m plugins, no offence to j3m i respect him alot & i knew him but the ones i got is much better than u can imagine.

i am out of this topic, gl with ur post.

Are you mentally retarded or just a dumbass?

--------------------
IPB Image

I'm one of those mods that likes to edit people's signatures without asking. -Phix
I'm not one of those guys that like to have conversations in his signature. -Ronin
+Quote Post
Hdx
post Aug 22 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #22

AE: Porn Addict

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 3

The no-flaming rule goes for you as well Ronin -.-
~Hdx
+Quote Post
riffruff
post Aug 22 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #23

I riffruff

Whoever sees this first, trash it.

I'll post when I'm finished making the script -- it appears all it did was make a flame war.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hdx
post Aug 22 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #24

I'll do it, but before I do.
Write out a good documentation of how you want the script to work, and all the functions you want in it.
I can help you out I got some time before school starts I can kill this in a day or two.
~Hdx
+Quote Post
Hdx
post Aug 22 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #25

I have moved this topic to the Trash Can.

If you have any questions or concerns as to why this topic was trashed please contact me privately through the board's personal messaging service. Please do not attempt to recreate this thread or publicly discuss any of the actions taken.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 03:52 PM
Skin by Andrea
Website Legal Information | Hosted by LunarPages