IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Edits to CRS, 2 or more different rank sets?
ViRaL
post Sep 23 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #1

_.-*:.-ViRaL-.:*-._

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,022

Someone I know is setting up a RPG clan, They wanted me to ask if this was possible

crsRanks(1) = "The Listener"
crsRanks(2) = "One of the 3 Speakers"
crsRanks(3) = "One of the 3 Silencers"
crsRanks(4) = "The Black Hand"
crsRanks(5) = "Executionist"
crsRanks(6) = "Assassin"
crsRanks(7) = "Murderer"
crsRanks(8) = "Thief"
crsRanks(9) = "Peasant"

crsRanks(01) = "Master Thief"
crsRanks(02) = "ShadowFoot"
crsRanks(03) = "Cat Burglar"
crsRanks(04) = "Prowler"
crsRanks(04) = "Bandit"
crsRanks(05) = "FootPad"
crsRanks(06) = "Thief"
crsRanks(07) = "PickPocket"

Having 2 different rank sets and allowing a person to make a choice as to which path they choose. So, once they reach a certain rank, instead of being promoted to the next rank in the profession, they could start over in a new profession, or something like that, if you understand.

Is this possible?

Some clans have "Squads" perhaps a rank set could be made for each squad.

--------------------
NOTICES: For those of you who post in the Script Creation Requests/"ViRaLs CCX Help Section" Forum.

If you dont use this format-- I will let you slide once--- The second time-- You get no help at all

EXPLANATION: A very detailed explanation of the desired script.
COMMANDs:
--------!Command1 - Detailed explanation of command, including required access, and desired output (whispered, emoted, etc.)
--------!Command2 - Detailed explanation of command, including required access, and desired output (whispered, emoted, etc.)

Please put required parameters in "< >", and optional in "[ ]" (Example: .score [username])

Do NOT bump... Requests Take time... Which I can't devote entirely to you. Please be PATIENT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The-Black-Ninja
post Sep 23 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #2

Pure Sex

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 7,372

If a mass majority of people want this, I'll add it into the updated CRS I've made on the new forums when 2.7 is released.

--------------------
IPB Image

-My Plugins :: Thanks Pyro :)
IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Spiritless
post Sep 23 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #3

Me 1337 plz??

Member No.: 52,816

Just an added note... This could be helpful for Branch clans, allowing branch clans to choose their own rank system if desired.

wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
-OverLord of Flame Spiritless_One - Legion of Flame -- Welcome to the Legion
www.LoF-Legion.tk
IPB Image
IPB Image

Ѕףﺃѓїtlۼss_Ộ∩
+Quote Post
The-Black-Ninja
post Sep 23 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #4

Pure Sex

What do you mean by branch clans?

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
ViRaL
post Sep 23 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(The-Black-Ninja @ Sep 23 2009, 08:30 PM) *

I think he means Clans that are big that have diffrent branches of the clan.

I think hes talking about the same thing i was earlier just using a diffrent name, i used Squads, he used branches.

A clan could have several sqauds, UMS squad, Fastest Squad, Low money squad, each brance/squad could want their own rank system.

--------------------
NOTICES: For those of you who post in the Script Creation Requests/"ViRaLs CCX Help Section" Forum.

If you dont use this format-- I will let you slide once--- The second time-- You get no help at all

COMMANDs:
--------!Command1 - Detailed explanation of command, including required access, and desired output (whispered, emoted, etc.)
--------!Command2 - Detailed explanation of command, including required access, and desired output (whispered, emoted, etc.)

Please put required parameters in "< >", and optional in "[ ]" (Example: .score [username])

Do NOT bump... Requests Take time... Which I can't devote entirely to you. Please be PATIENT
+Quote Post
The-Black-Ninja
post Sep 23 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #6

Pure Sex

It would require a major overhaul on the CRS itself, which is why I think it would be best if I made a CRS: Squad Edition. However, like I said before, if enough people request it, I'll make it. Once you get access to the new forums, post this same question as there will be alot more traffic on there once 2.7 gets released.

I really do like the idea of having two CRS scripts; it wouldn't be much of a change to add multiple rank classes, but there would need to be alot of changing on the commands themselves for syntax and stuff.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Doggy887
post Sep 24 2009, 02:46 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 50,206

I think this would be cool
+Quote Post
Spiritless
post Sep 24 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #8

Me 1337 plz??

QUOTE(The-Black-Ninja @ Sep 23 2009, 10:30 PM) *

Branch Clan=branch of a bigger clan. When a clan reaches max members (100 players) Most clans make 'branches' Which is basically another clan. But with the same/a similar name, and clan tag.

For Ex: Clan name is Role Players Only Tag: RPO Branch clan of RPO: Name: Role Players 0nly (notice the 0 for the O int he branch clans name) tag: RP0 (again, notice the 0 instead of an O)

Generally, the leader of a clan will select on or his Shamans to be the Chieftan of the 'branch' clan. The Cheiftan of the branch has free control on how to run his clan, but major decisions like head shamman (second-in-command) and stuff still have to approved by the chieftan of the original clan..

Simply put... Branch clan = Split from original clan.. like a Split topic on forums.. it's normally alot diffrent from the original topic, but same base idea and stuff.

The way this new ranking would work, is allow the Branch clans, to develop their own rank system.. say the original clan has 9 ranks.. the original clans name is Legion of Flame tag: LoF, the branch clan can now be called say...Legion of Frost tag: L0F and they can then use a totally diffrent rank system and still have the same CRS database that will have both clan's members in it.. (ok i know i'm confusing most of u)

Simply put: Branch clan = Split from original clan. They can use totally diffrent rank system then original clan, and still use same CRS database.

--------------------
IPB Image
www.LoF-Legion.tk
IPB Image
IPB Image

Ѕףﺃѓїtlۼss_Ộ∩
+Quote Post
ViRaL
post Sep 24 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Spiritless @ Sep 24 2009, 09:55 AM) *

Branch Clan=branch of a bigger clan. When a clan reaches max members (100 players) Most clans make 'branches' Which is basically another clan. But with the same/a similar name, and clan tag.

For Ex: Clan name is Role Players Only Tag: RPO Branch clan of RPO: Name: Role Players 0nly (notice the 0 for the O int he branch clans name) tag: RP0 (again, notice the 0 instead of an O)

Generally, the leader of a clan will select on or his Shamans to be the Chieftan of the 'branch' clan. The Cheiftan of the branch has free control on how to run his clan, but major decisions like head shamman (second-in-command) and stuff still have to approved by the chieftan of the original clan..

Simply put... Branch clan = Split from original clan.. like a Split topic on forums.. it's normally alot diffrent from the original topic, but same base idea and stuff.

The way this new ranking would work, is allow the Branch clans, to develop their own rank system.. say the original clan has 9 ranks.. the original clans name is Legion of Flame tag: LoF, the branch clan can now be called say...Legion of Frost tag: L0F and they can then use a totally diffrent rank system and still have the same CRS database that will have both clan's members in it.. (ok i know i'm confusing most of u)

Simply put: Branch clan = Split from original clan. They can use totally diffrent rank system then original clan, and still use same CRS database.

That idea is completely stupid, Why would you want to do that, I mean this is a total "Flame" I geuss but, If your clan was maxed out, don't you think theyd have more then 1 clan channel, because of the original chat channel getting full, therefore there would have to be 2 seperate bots and 2 seperate CRS Database's unless you used the b2b.plug. Am I correct in saying this? If not Feel free to tell me off.

--------------------

COMMANDs:

+Quote Post
Spiritless
post Sep 24 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #10

Me 1337 plz??

QUOTE(ViRaL @ Sep 24 2009, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Spiritless @ Sep 24 2009, 09:55 AM) *

That idea is completely stupid, Why would you want to do that, I mean this is a total "Flame" I geuss but, If your clan was maxed out, don't you think theyd have more then 1 clan channel, because of the original chat channel getting full, therefore there would have to be 2 seperate bots and 2 seperate CRS Database's unless you used the b2b.plug. Am I correct in saying this? If not Feel free to tell me off.

Ok, you are correct, it would be two diffrent bots in two diffrent channels.. but you are wrong on the fact that it's 2 diffrent databases.

You can manually go into the CRS script and edit the datebase path, and set it the same as another bot's CRS database. Therefore, you would have 2 bots, on the same comp, in 2 channels, in 2 diffrent clans, using the same CRS database. Correct?

If so, then my idea sounds perfectly fine. If a member from one clan joins the channel of another, the CRS shouldn't say the non-member greet, because technically, branch clan members, are clan members. So if you used the same database, it would say the member-greek for a specific rank.

With a dual rank system like this, the branch clan could set-up it's own ranks, and both bots (being ont he same DB) would have this rank system.

Now, please feel free to flame on me if there would be a problem with 2 bots in 2 diff clans in 2 diff channels using the same CRS DB at the same time, cuz i havent tried it before.

--------------------
IPB Image
www.LoF-Legion.tk
IPB Image
IPB Image

Ѕףﺃѓїtlۼss_Ộ∩
+Quote Post
ViRaL
post Sep 24 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #11

You can manually go into the CRS script and edit the datebase path, and set it the same as another bot's CRS database. Therefore, you would have 2 bots, on the same comp, in 2 channels, in 2 diffrent clans, using the same CRS database. Correct?

==========================================================

Wasn't considering that as an option, I assume it would be possible but then 2 diffrent bots would be making edits to CRS and if they were doing it at the same time one could open to make a change then the other could attempt it ending in an overwritten change. Correct?

This post has been edited by ViRaL: Sep 24 2009, 08:49 PM

--------------------

COMMANDs:

+Quote Post
The-Black-Ninja
post Sep 24 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #12

Pure Sex

Wasn't considering that as an option, I assume it would be possible but then 2 diffrent bots would be making edits to CRS and if they were doing it at the same time one could open to make a change then the other could attempt it ending in an overwritten change. Correct?
No, nothing will be overwritten when it comes to databases; they aren't like text files.

However, depending on how often the database is accessed (large amount of requests at once), there might be errors from time to time because one bot hasn't finished what it was doing and won't be able to close the connection fast enough for the second bot to perform its query.

Regardless, this option isn't even possible to begin with at the moment because once the script loads, the database connection is open for as long as the bot is open, so having another bot access the same database isn't possible unless a modification to the CRS is made.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Spiritless
post Sep 25 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #13

Me 1337 plz??

How hard would it be to modify the CRS to change the connection type to Upon Query rather then Always Open ??

--------------------
IPB Image
www.LoF-Legion.tk
IPB Image
IPB Image

Ѕףﺃѓїtlۼss_Ộ∩
+Quote Post
The-Black-Ninja
post Sep 25 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #14

Pure Sex

It's not hard, it's just very time consuming because you have to open the connection before each query and close the connection after the query is completed, and there's at least 30 instances of this. Plus you run the risk of having the database get accidentally deleted from the computer while the bot is running. With the connection always open while the bot is open, the database cannot be deleted unless you physically close the bot.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Spiritless
post Sep 25 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #15

Me 1337 plz??

True...

That would really suck...

--------------------
IPB Image
www.LoF-Legion.tk
IPB Image
IPB Image

Ѕףﺃѓїtlۼss_Ộ∩
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 03:32 PM
Skin by Andrea
Website Legal Information | Hosted by LunarPages